The bilateral meeting took place on the sidelines of the Special ASEAN – China Foreign Ministers' Meeting and the 6th Lancang – Mekong Cooperation Foreign Ministers' Meeting.
Son expressed his wish to work closely with the Cambodian official and utilize the two foreign ministers' direct contact channel so as to discuss and handle issues in bilateral ties as well as regional and international matters of common concern in a timely manner, thereby helping to enhance the fine neighborliness, traditional friendship, and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Cambodia.
Prak Sokhonn congratulated Vietnam on its recent achievements and expressed his deep thanks for the Vietnamese Government and people’s financial aid and medical supplies for his country to effectively cope with the new COVID-19 outbreak.
The two ministers noted with satisfaction that their countries' relations have sustained the development trend amid the pandemic, maintained frequent high-level contacts and exchanges, and brought into play bilateral cooperation mechanisms. Two-way trade continues to increase, hitting 3.89 billion USD in the first four months of this year, a year-on-year increase of 122 percent.
They agreed to increase coordination in border management and prevention of illegal border crossings, while facilitating cross-border trading.
During the meeting, Minister Son thanked and asked Cambodia to continue resolving the legal status for the people of Vietnamese origin. He asked the Cambodia’s competent agencies to ensure the interests and welfare for them during implementing socio-economic development policies.
In response, Deputy PM and Foreign Minister Prak Sokhonn affirmed that the Cambodian Government will continue paying attention to and create favorable conditions for Vietnamese students and businesses, along with the people of Vietnamese origin, in the country.
He said he hopes that people of the two countries will soon resume exchange and tourism activities once the pandemic is brought under control.
Vietnam and Cambodian will work together to organize practical and meaningful activities to celebrate the 55th founding anniversary of bilateral diplomatic ties (June 24) next year, thus helping to enhance communications to raise the awareness of their people, especially the youths, of the countries' relations.
Talking about regional and international issues of mutual concern, the ministers agreed to reinforce ties at multilateral forums and join other member countries in maintaining ASEAN's solidarity and strengthening the bloc's centrality so as to effectively respond to common challenges.
Minister Son affirmed that Vietnam is ready to coordinate with and assist Cambodia to successfully organize the 13th Asian-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit this November and serve as Chair of ASEAN in 2022.
- [Focus] US climate scepticism irks Arctic foreign ministers
- Donald Trump meets Kim Jong-un at Vietnam summit and praises North Korea's 'unlimited' potential
- Finland signs five agreements with Vietnam
- Gibraltar “satisfied” with tax treaty that could remove it from Spain’s blacklist
- EU and Eastern Partnership countries to reaffirm ties
- Trump-Kim summit: Second round of talks in Vietnam wrapping up sooner than expected
- Trump-Kim summit: Kim says he is willing to denuclearise as leaders meet for second set of talks in Vietnam
- Bilateral ties, Armenia’s participation at Dubai Expo 2020, Masdar City: UAE Ambassador’s interview to ARMENPRESS
- Azerbaijan, Vietnam hold political consultation
- Turkey, Iraq deepen ties in the new era
- North Korea media heralds Kim's arrival in Vietnam
- Azerbaijan, Iraq hail bilateral ties
- Taiwan Ties Maybe Uncertain
- Turkey and Germany defend Russia ties
- Poland interested in developing cooperation with Azerbaijan in energy sector
- Azerbaijani, Ecuadorian FMs exchange letters to mark 15 years of diplomatic ties
- Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un meet before Vietnam summit
- “Turkey is destined to join the EU”: Interview with Faruk Kaymakçı, Turkish Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Çavuşoğlu to discuss water issues, reconstruction, political ties with Iraqi officials
- Brexit live: Prime Minister loses Commons vote on Brexit proposals
Foreign ministers satisfied with development trend in Vietnam-Cambodia ties have 605 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.