According a report presented by the Ministry of Health at the meeting, toward the goal of reaching herd immunity by the end of 2021, the ministry has worked drastically on the mission over the past months via meetings and negotiations with vaccine producers, as well as health units and diplomatic representatives of countries that produce the vaccines.
Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long affirmed that the target of importing 150 million doses of vaccines this year is possible.
He also encouraged all capable localities and businesses to join hands in importing the vaccines.
Currently, Vietnam has 27 companies that have the function of importing and trading vaccines. The Ministry of Health has to date licensed AstraZeneca and Sputnik V vaccines and is reviewing records of two other vaccines.
Acknowledging such efforts, Dam noted vaccines that have been licensed by the World Health Organization (WHO), even if their manufacturers have yet to apply for a license in Vietnam, can still be imported. For the vaccines that have yet to get a license from WHO but having been licensed for use by other countries, the ministry will immediately license these vaccines when a local company can access them, he said.
Long informed that if the application for a license is valid, the license can be granted within five days.
The Deputy PM stated that Vietnam always adheres to the UN's principle of fair vaccine access. He requested the Ministry of Health to urgently issue a circular guiding the registration for circulation in urgent cases for COVID-19 vaccines with simplified procedures, ensuring that all capable businesses are guided and provided with the best conditions.
In the coming time, the Ministry of Health will continue to introduce policies to encourage more localities and businesses to participate in the nation's search for COVID-19 vaccines, Long said, adding that it will create best conditions possible for all localities, units and businesses in vaccine importing, licensing and testing processes.
- Revealed: Queen backs Brexit as alleged EU bust-up with ex-Deputy PM emerges
- No one wants to foot the swine flu vaccination bill
- Massive yellow fever vaccination begins in Angola and DRC
- The Nooner for 09-11-19
- THE NOONER for 09-14-19
- THE NOONER for 09-15-19
- THE NOONER for 09-13-19
- The Nooner for 09-16-19
- The Nooner for 09-22-19
- The hidden battle over California's new vaccine law
- THE NOONER for 09-23-19
- POLITICO Playbook PM: What’s going on with Pence?
- The Nooner for 09-10-19
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Why you aren’t hearing many USMCA leaks
- New health minister warns there will not be enough swine flu vaccine for all
- The Nooner for 09-20-19
- Student, 19, lost both legs and her fingers after mistaking meningitis for cold caused by her university partying
- Letters to the editor: 09-06-19
- Malaysian PM 'likely to survive' financial scandal
- The Nooner for 09-12-19
Deputy PM orders all-out efforts for import of COVID-19 vaccines have 470 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.