HÀ NỘI — The central city of Đà Nẵng has ordered closure of beaches and sit-in dining venues starting Sunday at noon due to a new COVID-19 outbreak that has spawned 24 infections in a single day.
Deputy Chairman of Đà Nẵng Lê Quang Nam signed the order late Saturday, just over a week after the restrictions on these activities were lifted on June 9 following three weeks of no local COVID-19 cases.
The order – which asks that restaurants, eateries, cafes, and other eating and drinking establishments only serve take-away orders or online orders – will take effect on Sunday 12pm until further notice.
The planned reopening of education centres in the province and inter-provincial transport of passengers between Đà Nẵng and the neighbouring province Quảng Nam has also been put on hold.
Local authorities are asked to frequently conduct inspections to quickly detect COVID-19 rules violations, and ensure enforcement of safety regulations.
The new outbreak is concerning a 59-year-old man who works as a guard in Thanh Khê District, Đà Nẵng, and all 23 related infections detected on Saturday are residents in the district.
The man was deemed to have been in contact with a confirmed infection case from HCM City, which is seeing high daily rises in cases and more restrictions have been introduced to curb the spread.
The 'triangle area' formed by the three streets Lê Duẩn, Hoàng Hoa Thám, and Lý Thái Tổ in Thanh Khê District, with about 648 households and 2,400 people in total, has been put under strict lockdown while contact tracing and testing are underway. — VNS
- With the Offspring and Pennywise, Surf City Blitz debuts in Huntington Beach as a new festival with a familiar feel
- State hearing airs complaints about response to tar balls on South Bay beaches
- For New Orleans gangs, it's kill or be killed, no matter the collateral cost
- 19 People Confirmed Sick on Emirates Flight to JFK After 100 Report Feeling Ill
- New outbreak of red tide shows up in northwest Florida
- Sunwing to offer flights to Daytona Beach, Florida for the first time this winter
- Next stop for Beach Boulevard improvements: Anaheim
- FAU Stadium’s new football locker rooms, training facilities leave strong impression on players
- A Southwest flight made an emergency landing after a man reportedly wouldn't stop touching a female passenger against her will
- Hurricane Michael death toll grows to 19
- Fierce Hurricane Willa closes in on Mexican resort area
- California's deadliest beach is in the Bay Area
- Longtime Sacramento-area bakery closes expanded production facility after just 1 year
- Strip club called 'Emergency Room' sparks fears people will confuse it with hospital
- A rapper turned South Beach club owner was arrested five times for playing loud music
- The 60 Best Songs Ever Written About New York City
- There’s More Cool Stuff in Cannon Beach and Manzanita Than You Might Think
- Things to do on, or near, the beach during the winter months in Southern California
- It's been almost a year since BART launched new trains. So where are they?
- Peskin talks trash at Surfrider meeting, promises new plastic ban
Đà Nẵng closes off beaches and sit-in dining again as new COVID-19 outbreak emerges have 563 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.