Hanoi (VNA) – Cambodia’s Ministry of Health said on June 18 that the country recorded 799 new cases of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours, of which 702 are infections in the community.
The new cases brought the total number of COVID-19 infections in Cambodia to 41,581, including 35,940 recoveries and 394 deaths.
Based on the new regional classification effective from June 21, the red zones of maximum control include the capital city of Bangkok and three neighboring provinces, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan.
The other eleven provinces in the red zone are Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Trang, Nakhon Pathom, Pattani, Phetchaburi, Songkhla, Samut Sakhon, Saraburi, Yala and Narathiwat.
The CCSA also declared nine “orange” provinces including Chanthaburi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ayutthaya, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Sa Kaeo and Samut Songkhram, while the remaining 53 provinces are yellow (close surveillance) zones.
Thailand reported 3,058 new COVID-19 cases and 22 deaths in the last 24 hours, raising the total numbers to 210,782 and 1,577, respectively.
Meanwhile, Singapore decided to limit the reopening due to the high number of COVID-19 cases in recent days.
The Singaporean government issued a statement stating that from June 21, sports centres are allowed to reopen, group of up to five people can eat at restaurants.
Tourist attractions, events and exploration activities can increase operating capacity from 25 percent to 50 percent. However, activities with a higher risk of infection will not be allowed to gather more than two people, instead of five people as previously announced./.
- Southeast Asia should ban foreign trash imports
- Underwater Hockey To Make Waves At Southeast Asia Mini-Olympics
- Politics France wants Vietnam to become partner of reference in Southeast Asia: PM Édouard Philippe Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- Suddenly It’s Southeast Asia
- Chinese State Media: Southeast Asia ‘Hub of World Terrorism Activities’
- Vietnam has potential to become an economic hub in Southeast Asia: Ambassador
- Southeast Asia Accepts Joint South China Sea Exercises with Beijing
- Taiwan Considers Offering Citizenship to Southeast Asians
- Build it and they will come: Thai developers pour billions into retail
- China Is Targeting Europe’s Most Vulnerable Countries for Belt and Road Debt Traps
- World View: Trump Signs Asia Reassurance Initiative Act (ARIA) Focusing U.S. Military on China
- Prime Minister: Mekong – River of cooperation and development
- EU to sign trade deal with Singapore, eyes deeper Asia ties
- Asia's billionaires develop taste for boutique wealth managers
- Vietnam accelerates implementation of sustainable development goals
- East Asia Watch: U.S. to Lift Sanctions on Myanmar
- Japan calls Indonesia to engage in Palestine development programs
- Asia Thai Mining Acquires Pan African Mining
- Partner countries back ASEAN central role in regional structure
- Indian president`s Vietnam visit to open up opportunities for both countries: Ambassador
COVID-19 pandemic in Southeast Asia countries still sees complicated developments have 432 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.