#AapDelhi govt claims its doorstep delivery of ration scheme stalled; LG says hasn’t rejected, asked to follow law
#AapBJP, AAP spar over admission in COVID-19 care centres in Delhi
#AapAmid surge in coronavirus cases, AAP MLA Shoaib Iqbal demands President’s rule in Delhi
#AapIf BJP makes drinking age 25 yrs in other states, we will make it 30 in Delhi: AAP
#AapAAP, BJP trade barbs over Delhi’s ‘most polluted capital city’
#AapFuel price hike: Satyendar Jain says Delhi govt in favour of bringing petrol, diesel under GST
- 4 hrs ago Unlock India 2.0: States, UT’s that have extended or eased COVID-induced curbs from today
- 4 hrs ago Administer Covaxin only to second-dose beneficiaries in 18-44 age group: Delhi govt orders pvt centres
- 4 hrs ago Haryana lockdown extended till June 14, but eases several restrictions: Details here
- Sports England football team again booed by fans for taking a knee in support of ‘Black Lives Matter’ campaign
- Movies Dance India Dance 4 Runner Up Biki Das Is Now Working As Food Delivery Guy, Gets Injured In Road Accident
- Finance 5 Advantages of Model Tenancy Act Every Tenant And Landlord Should Know
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G India Price Tipped; Will It Be The Cheapest 5G smartphone?
- Lifestyle Konkona Sensharma's Ajeeb Daastaans Promotional Round Also Includes A Stunning Indigo Saree
- Education Tamil Nadu Class 12th Board Exams 2021 Cancelled
- Automobiles Renault Cars Offers June 2021: Discounts & Benefits On All Models Of Up To Rs 75,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North East India In June 2021
New Delhi, June 06 : The BJP on Sunday claimed that the Centre has forestalled a “big scam” that the Delhi’s AAP government might have committed by “diverting” subsidised food grains, as it hit back at Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for targeting the central dispensation for stopping his scheme of doorstep delivery of ration.
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra said the Delhi government is free to run such a scheme by purchasing grains at a notified rate, but it has no right to tweak or stop a national programme of subsidised ration distribution under the Food Security Act to launch its own plan.
Speaking at a virtual press conference, Patra also claimed that there is zero Aadhaar card authentication in Delhi against the national average of 80 per cent and that the Kejriwal government had also earlier stopped the operation of POS machines, which allow biometric verification. It means there is no way one can find out if the food grains are being delivered to the needy or diverted, he alleged.
“We will never know to whom Arvind Kejriwal is giving ration to. He wanted to launch a ration diverting system. He wanted to start a big scam as the ration would not reach the right person and nobody knows where it might have gone… The Centre has prevented a big scam from taking place,” the BJP spokesperson alleged. The same grains might have been sold at a highly inflated price, he said.
The Delhi government had on Saturday alleged that the doorstep delivery of ration scheme was rejected by the Lt Governor, saying the Centre’s approval was not sought and that a litigation was pending in the high court regarding it.
In an online briefing, Kejriwal on Sunday asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi why the scheme was stalled by the Centre and appealed to him to allow its implementation in the national interest. Targeting the AAP dispensation, Patra said, “The A, B, C, D, E, F of Kejriwal’s functioning is ‘advertisement, blame (Modi), (take) credit, drama, excuses and (consequent) failure’.”
Now Kejriwal claims that his government is preparing for the third wave of COVID-19, but if he had prepared for the second wave, the many deaths could have been prevented, the BJP leader said. While the Delhi CM has blamed the Modi government for stopping the doorstep delivery scheme, the truth is that over 72.78 lakh people are benefitting from the Food Security Act, Patra said.
Under PM Garib Kalyan Yojna, which provides for free ration to the poor in May and June, the Delhi government has so far lifted 53,045 MT of grains out of 72,782 MT sent by the Centre and has distributed only 68 per cent of what it has lifted, he said.
“If Arvind Kejriwal wants to distribute ration outside these programmes, he can purchase grains at notified rates and do it… But no state has the right to tweak a central scheme being implemented uniformly across the country,” he said.
On Kejriwal’s statement that ration shops can act as “super-spreader” for the novel coronavirus infection, Patra wondered if farmer protests continuing at Delhi border points do not do so and accused the AAP leader of defaming these shopkeepers. By not joining the one nation one ration card programme, the Delhi government has denied poor labourers and migrants of their rightful quota of ration, he further alleged.
- Notwithstanding hassles, door delivery of essentials continues
- During the Covid-19 pandemic focused distribution is key, say HT Chandigarh readers
- Kerala Lockdown Day 30: Ways to tackle fake news, VidyaDaan for content generation and More
Centre prevented 'big scam' of AAP govt: Sambit Patra on Delhi's doorstep ration delivery scheme have 1089 words, post on www.oneindia.com at June 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.