Ben Tre (VNA) – The Mekong Delta province of Ben Tre is expected to plant 10 million trees from now to the end of 2025 under a programme recently issued by its People's Committee.
The tree planting programme for 2021 – 2025 aims to raise all-level authorities and local people's awareness of and sense of responsibility towards afforestation , environmental protection , and mitigation of climate change impacts.
Of the 10 million trees to be grown, more than 8.2 million trees will scatter in urban and rural areas while nearly 1.8 million others covering more than 369ha will concentrate in protection and commercial forests. They include woody, perennial, and multi-purpose trees and others of the mangrove forest, with priority given to indigenous species.
The programme is set to be carried out at a total cost of nearly 167 billion VND (7.3 million USD), financed by private sources, the local budget, and through some public investment programmes and projects planned for the five-year period.
Between 2016 and 2020, Ben Tre planted 4.2 million scattered trees and over 163ha of concentrated forest, data of the provincial People's Committee showed.
The local forestry land area under forest now stands at almost 4,368ha, including 1,884ha of special-use forest, 2,128ha of protection forest, and 355ha of commercial forest.
Vietnam is working on a project to grow 1 billion trees nationwide between 2021 and 2025. They will include 690 million trees in urban and rural areas, and 310 million others in protection, special-use, and production forests.
This project aims to protect the ecosystem, improve the scenery, respond to climate change, boost socio-economic development, improve the quality of people’s life, and foster the country's sustainable development./.
- Planting a trillion trees could be the "most effective solution" to climate change, study says
- Meet Nundasuchus, the crocodile-like carnivore that hunted with its 'steak knife' teeth millions of years before the dinosaurs
- All but one Mekong Delta province infected with African swine fever
- Bến Tre develops value chains for key agricultural products
- Mekong Delta’s main flower, ornamental plant growing district affected by saltwater in rivers
- Rewilding: How Trees for Life are renewing the Highlands
- Recession prompts Christmas tree shortage a decade later
- Men arrested over pine trees poisoning in an attempt to take over forestry land
- Festive tree bought by a grandfather for his baby granddaughter's first Christmas in 1990 now stands 30 FOOT tall nearly 30 years later
- Manitowoc celebrates history of aluminum Christmas trees
- An Giang sets five-year record in regional GDP growth
- 'Chicken from hell', cartwheeling spider among top 10 new species for 2015
- Apples rot on trees as Kashmir strife inflicts economic pain
- A 124-year-old Mekong Delta house bespeaks opulence and romance
- Five-fruit trees, plants shaped like rats popular for Tet
- Ranks of Christmas tree farmers trimmed
- 76.6 million USD veggie processing plant inaugurated in Tay Ninh
- India lost 9.4mn trees in 4 years to development projects: Govt
- Banana plant in central Vietnam produces 350 hands in one bunch
- Construction of Vietnam’s largest solar power plant starts
Ben Tre province to plant 10 million trees in five years have 480 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.