A number of Taiwanese investors are interested in investing Vietnam.
Apple's partner Pegatron has been approved an additional US$101 million investment in Vietnam by the Taiwanese authorities.
|The perspective of Pegatron’s facility in Haiphong’s Nam Dinh Vu IP. Photo: Pegatron|
The investment in Vietnam will be poured in the production and sales of computers and communication equipment, and electronic components.
The Investment Commission under the Taiwanese Ministry of Economic Affairs is responsible for the approval of foreign investments by Taiwanese companies.
Last September, the Taiwanese company, a major partner of Apple, Microsoft and Sony, announced its plan of investing US$1 billion in three stages to build a manufacturing complex at Nam Dinh Vu Industrial Park in the northern city of Haiphong.
Last October, the company was awarded license for a US$481 million manufacturing project to produce gaming equipment, phone accessories, smart speakers, game controllers, and all kinds of computers in the port city of Haiphong.
Established in Vietnam in March 2019, the investor planned to move its research & development center from China to Vietnam for the 2026-27 period.
Besides Pegatron, the Taiwanese company Hon Hai Precision Industry, known as Foxconn, and Wistron Corporation are key suppliers to Apple.
- Jasan Vietnam Textile and Dyeing Company, efficient FDI enterprise in Hai Phong
- Vietnam invests in 34 overseas projects till April
- Vietnam – investment destination for many French businesses
- State should back domestic venture funds: Vietnam Automation Association
- Domestic businesses invest in 34 overseas projects in 4 months
- Nghe An becomes ideal integrated investment hub
- Apple no longer faces threat of an employer tax in Cupertino
- Unlocking Vietnam’s digital future
- $129 million poured into fintech indsutry
- CineAsia to honor Vietnam's Megastar circuit with marketing award
- Malaysia seminar promotes Vietnam as investment destination
- Vietnam M&A Forum 2018 explores new drive for M&A
- Party leader stresses Vietnam-Russia economic ties in Kaluga Oblast tour
- It’s Time For Apple To Flip The Switch On TV
- Vietnam’s railway sector dragged down by obsolete trains
- Forum gives a major boost to Vietnam-US trade links
- EAEU – Vietnam FTA achieves positive outcomes
- Opportunities to promote Vietnam's tourism economy
- Vietnam prioritises relations with EU: ambassador
- Vietnam, Russia to further diversify cooperative ties: PMs
Apple partner to invest additional US$101 million in Vietnam have 348 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at June 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.