Taiwan has granted approval for a further investment of US$101 million by Pegatron Corp, a major manufacturing partner of Apple which operates in Vietnam.
According to information provided by Reuters, Pegatron's investment in its subsidiaries in Hai Phong port city is set to be used to manufacture and sell computers, peripherals, communication equipment, and electronic components, although currently Pegatron has yet to unveil details about this investment.
Most notably, the firm also intends to invest in a research and development (R&D) centre in Vietnam at an appropriate time in the future.
Last September Pegatron announced its tentative plan to pour US$1 billion into production lines specialising in computer manufacturing, communications, and consumer electronics in Vietnam.
It has developed two projects in Hai Phong, with one capitalized at US$481 million at Deep C Industrial Park under the Dinh Vu – Cat Hai economic zone. The third project estimated at US$500 million is yet to be unveiled.
Pegatron is best known for Apple's key manufacturing partner, along with Taiwan’s Foxconn and Wistron Corp. Indeed, it is currently one of the three largest iPhone manufacturers in China and India.
In its 2020 annual report, Pegatron also announced intentions to continue expanding its Vietnamese and Indian production facilities as part of efforts to meet the dramatic changes in the supply chains.
- Apple weighs production shift from China
- Apple tipped to replace China as its Asian core
- Apple Cycle Tracking
- Eternal Poison: Vietnam's Ongoing Fight Against Agent Orange
- Tencent backs top AI startup in $24m injection
- Apple rolls out streaming service for $5 a month
- Licensed to kill: The Kalashnikov centre of Europe
- Malaria is fighting back against efforts to eliminate it
- The 21st Vietfood & Beverage - Propack Boosting trade opportunities
- Paddy McKillen jnr, the mystery man of Dublin nightlife
- Armenia unable to find place in world map
- Tilting at more than windmills in South Asia
- US needs to tread carefully in tricky politics of South Asia
- What’s on TV tonight: Poldark, the BBC Proms and Dragons' Den
- A transcript of Ren Zhengfei’s interview
- Trump threatens to hike China tariffs if no G20 progress
- Will Mueller's testimony incriminate Trump?
- London mayor blocks controversial 'Tulip' skyscraper
- A town facing the challenges created by growing numbers
- The 20 best dating sites and apps
Apple partner Pegatron injects additional US$101million into Vietnam have 364 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at June 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.