|Apple has 200 suppliers across the globe|
In Vietnam, US-based technology giant Apple recorded 21 suppliers, higher than the 14 in 2018. The figure is also higher than Thailand with 15 suppliers and India with nine suppliers, according to newswire Nikkei Asia Review .
The growing number of suppliers in the country is part of the tech giant’s efforts to remove production lines from China, fuelled by prolonged US-China tensions.
Over the past three years, the iPhone maker has been diversifying its supply chain across many countries, instead of focusing on only the 1.4-billion market like before. Specifically, it has 32 suppliers in the US, 34 suppliers in Japan, and 48 suppliers in Taiwan.
Nevertheless, China remains in the lead with 51 suppliers. It is irreplaceable for global companies because of constant improvements in manufacturing capacity and maintaining acceptable operation costs.
Nikkei Asia Review cited Apple's supply chain manager as saying that most Chinese companies are securing contracts with Apple by undercutting other manufacturers in other countries. By partnering up with Apple which is famous for strict quality standards, these suppliers have been steadily improving their capacity to make it into the production chains of other global companies.
By Van Anh
- The Morning Download: Nestlé Blockchain Test Traces Ingredients From Suppliers to the Mouths of Babes
- Apple reports $11.5 billion third quarter profit, beats expectations
- Apple stock rises to all-time high on earnings report
- A Trade War With China Is the Only Barrier to Apple Reaching $1 Trillion
- Apple briefly becomes the first $1 trillion U.S. company
- Apple vs Huawei: Chinese Rival Ships More Smartphones—Without the U.S.
- Apple ‘head’ tax gets another look Tuesday night
- Synthetic drug explosion drives increase in overdoses in US
- Apple suppliers are seeing strange things happen to their share prices
- Paul Singer's Elliott Management increases stake in Apple supplier
- Siri, get my iCar: Is Apple making a cool new ride or just dabbling with the techie parts?
- Apple iPhone shipment forecasts cut amid tepid demand
- Daily Drive-Thru: Uber might get new competition, Nissan and FCA have supplier struggles, Colorado considers EV tax credit, and more
- Apple Computer Inc., founded by college dropouts Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak, gets ready to go public in 1980
- Apple becomes first U.S. company to hit $1 trillion market value
- Stocks close lower as Apple falls 2.5%; retail stocks climb
- Vietnam’s Labor Newspaper, Where a Staff of 200 Reports on Abuses at Home and Abroad
- GONZALEZ: Apple right to be standing up for privacy in the face of government pressure
- Apple hit with $25K per day fine in Qualcomm antitrust case
- Downbeat iPhone X sales projections hobble Apple shares
Apple increases number of suppliers in Vietnam have 414 words, post on vir.com.vn at June 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.