Vietnam will receive about 1 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine via the COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access (COVAX) Facility sometime between late June and early July, said Prof. Dang Duc Anh, Director of the National Institute of Epidemiology and Hygiene (NIHE).
The vaccine will be offered to industrial park workers and priority groups detailed in the Government's Decree 21, including frontline workers, diplomats, customs officers, teachers, among others.
Another shipment of 2 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, imported by the Ministry of Health from the UK-based pharmaceutical company through the Vietnam Vaccine JSC (VNVC), is due to arrive in the country by the end of September.
Meanwhile, Pfizer announced it will ship 3 million of coronavirus vaccine to Vietnam within the third quarter. It, however, also noted that the time of shipment and the number of doses provided to Vietnam may be subject to change.
Anh said COVAX-supplied vaccines have been distributed to 63 cities and provinces and several units of the Ministries of National Defence and Public Security. More than 200,000 doses have been delivered to the pandemic-hit provinces of Bac Ninh and Bac Giang to give to industrial park workers.
Vietnam has been accelerating its COVID-19 vaccine vaccination efforts. The country targets to secure around 150 million doses this year to inoculate at least 70-80 percent of its population, in order to achieve herd immunity.
So far, the country has received nearly 2.9 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine from four shipments.
- Ebola outbreak appears to be slowing in Congo as vaccines spread
- Nigeria: Could a New Typhoid Vaccine End the Most Misdiagnosed Disease in Nigeria?
- Small ‘diabetes vaccine’ study: STAT provides lots of useful numbers for readers
- Planned nonstop flight to boost already rising Indian arrivals to Vietnam: insider
- Lilly, AstraZeneca End Trials Early
- Mayo Clinic patient treated by massive measles dose still cancer-free 5 years later
- Malawi in Negotiations for New Typhoid Vaccine
- Vietnam gives three-year extension for visa waiver to 5 European countries
- Kenya: First Crude Arrives in Mombasa
- 4 years of Modi govt: 'Making simple, affordable healthcare a reality'
- Global Generic Sterile Injectables Market to be Worth US$ 110 Billion by 2025 – Coherent Market Insights
- INNATE PHARMA : Data from Phase I of monalizumab and durvalumab in MSS-CRC at ASCO 2018
- Hospitals grapple with prolonged shortage of popular injected painkillers
- Duluth Holdings Inc. Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2018 Financial Results
- Greedy Animal Torturing Researchers Hide Truth About Alzheimer's From Public : Indybay
- Congo-Kinshasa: As DR Congo Grapples with Ebola, Guinea Keeps Up Its Guard
- Kenya Must Wake Up to the Threat of an Outbreak of Rift Valley Fever
- Daily Business Report-July 2, 2018, San Diego Metro Magazine
- Congo-Kinshasa: At One-Month Mark in Ebola Outbreak, the Focus Shifts to Remote Areas
- 15 Incredible Women in Business to Watch in 2018 and Beyond
Additional 6 million doses of AstraZeneca, Pfizer vaccines to arrive Vietnam in Q3 have 435 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.