According to the ministry’s report, 86 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 52 in Bac Giang, 15 in Ho Chi Minh City, 10 in Bac Ninh, four in Hanoi, two in Ha Tinh, and one each in Lang Son, Hai Duong, and Long An.
The 52 cases in Bac Giang were recorded at some industrial parks of Van Trung, Dinh Tram, Song Khe-Noi Hoang, and Quang Chau which have reported a large outbreak over the last few weeks.
As of Thursday noon, 6,536 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 3,673 in the virus epicentre of Bac Giang. The outbreak has so far spread to 39 cities and provinces nationwide.
Two imported patients are both Vietnamese who recently returned from abroad. They were sent to a quarantine area in Kien Giang and An Giang provinces upon arrival and are now being treated at a local hospital.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 9,723 including 8,106 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on June 9, a total of 3,636 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 55 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 184,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
On June 9, an additional 29,967 people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccine doses used in the country to 1,389,887. The number of people who have received two doses has risen to 47,179 .
- Here’s everything Amazon announced Thursday, from microwave to subwoofer to Alexa capabilities
- New on Amazon in November 2019: ‘The Report,’ ‘Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan,’ ‘Creed II’
- Liverpool 2-0 Wolves report as Sadio Mane hits brace
- New York resident dies of a rare tickborne disease that can cause fatal brain infection
- Early report confirms ALL crew members aboard the Conception were sleeping when the dive boat caught fire, killing 34 people trapped below deck, as investigators say at least one should have been acting as a 'night watchman'
- New York's Mental Health Program Is Leaving Too Many Behind
- U.S. DOT announces $60 million in AV research grants
- Google has changed its algorithm to boost original reporting
- Fire union chief blasts 'back-to-front' Grenfell report for probing rescue teams BEFORE those behind cladding and safety - as ex-fireman MP says 'every firefighter will feel guilty today'
- Mothers in the UK are almost FOUR TIMES more likely to die in childbirth than those from Poland and Belarus, UNICEF report reveals
- Edited Transcript of NVEC earnings conference call or presentation 23-Oct-19 9:00pm GMT
- Want to treat depression faster? New nasal spray more effective than anti-depressants
- Griffin Claw's New Seasonal Beer Celebrates Spring, Detroit's Comeback
- 'Political watershed' as 19 countries pledge to phase out coal
- New drug access law intended to weaken FDA—according to lawmaker behind it
- Insurers Test New Way To Cut Maternity Care Costs: Bundling
- Report: Amazon and startup Xealth working on program to deliver medical supplies to patients
- Microsoft inks broad cloud deal with Walgreens to power new healthcare services
- Intel misses revenue targets and with no new CEO, its stock plunges
- Intel misses revenue targets and with no new CEO, stock plunges
88 new Covid-19 patients announced in Thursday noon report have 564 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 10, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.