According to the ministry’s report, all of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 21 in Bac Giang and 60 in Ho Chi Minh City.
The 21 cases in Bac Giang were recorded at some local industrial parks which have reported a large outbreak over the last few weeks.
As of Friday morning, 8,994 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 5,028 in the virus epicentre of Bac Giang. The outbreak has so far spread to 40 cities and provinces nationwide.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 12,231 including 10,564 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on June 17, a total of 4,653 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 61 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 170,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
On June 17, an additional 200,263 people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccine doses used in the country to 1,991,059. The number of people who have received two doses has risen to 89,833.
- A rather frosty Friday morning
- Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals announce Friday afternoon lineups
- Cleveland Indians, Houston Astros announce Friday ALDS Game 1 lineups
- Police investigating 19-year-old’s death in St. Paul Friday morning
- Syracuse holiday tree to be delivered to Clinton Square Friday morning
- Morning Report: SDSU West’s Vision for a Research Hub Could Be Tough to Deliver
- Morning Report: What Happened Last Time the City Tried a One-Stop Shop for the Homeless
- Morning Report: Vetting the River Park Promises
- Morning Report: The Homeless Tents' Uncertain Future
- Chesterfield man charged with attempted murder after Friday morning shooting
- Morning Report: Sweetwater Administration Ballooned as Enrollment Dropped
- Morning Report: What it Really Takes to Win Asylum in the U.S.
- Morning Report: Why Grad Rates Across the State Went Down
- The Latest: US-Canada trade talks to resume Friday morning
- FOX NEWS FIRST: Key vote on Kavanaugh confirmation Friday morning; Multiple victims in Supreme smear campaign
- Woman killed Friday morning in head-on crash on the Southwest Side has been identified
- Morning Report: New Candidates, Old Alliances in D8
- Morning Report: Outgoing CLERB Leader Reflects on How the Group Can Improve
- Flood watch issued in Oklahoma Friday morning to Saturday afternoon
- Morning Report: Skydiving Building-Turned-Homelessness Center Not Taking Flight Yet
81 more Covid-19 patients announced in Friday morning report have 438 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.