According to the ministry’s report, 149 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 90 in Bac Giang, 45 in Ho Chi Minh City, 10 in Bac Ninh, two in Nghe An, and one each in Ha Nam and Bac Kan.
The 90 cases in Bac Giang were recorded at some local industrial parks which have reported a large outbreak over the last few weeks.
As of Wednesday evening, 8,410 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 4,219 in the virus epicentre of Bac Giang. The outbreak has so far spread to 40 cities and provinces nationwide.
Six imported patients are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from Japan, the UK, and Cambodia. They were sent to a local quarantine area in Tay Ninh, Quang Nam, and Khanh Hoa provinces upon arrival and are now being treated at local hospitals.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 11,635 including 9,980 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on June 16, a total of 4,590 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 61 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 182,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
On June 15, an additional 95,421 people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccine doses used in the country to 1,648,072. The number of people who have received two doses has risen to 63,636.
- One in ten A&E patients is back in casualty within a week
- Strictly Come Dancing: BBC Breakfast star Mike Bushell is the SIXTH star confirmed... after years of being confused for ex-winner Chris Hollins
- How to buy tickets for Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker today
- No Brexit Deal To Be Agreed On Tonight Confirm Government Sources - Reports
- South Korea Requests IOC Ban Japan’s ‘Rising Sun’ Flag at Tokyo Games
- From 155 million to 217 million, Rafale cost went up by 40%
- Sensex drops 155 points, Nifty slips below 11,500
- Electricity demand in Kuwait to rise to 36,285 MW in 2035: minister
- Hospitals deluged by 5,000 diabetics a DAY: One in 10 admissions is for diabetes as cost of treating patients DOUBLES in a decade
- Yamaha YZF-R3 Launch Scheduled For 19 December: All Details
- Drama on rare diseases played by patients, relatives staged in Beijing
- Hospital admissions for heart failure soar to record levels as new figures more than 86,000 patients suffered from the condition last year
- Mexico sells rights to 19 offshore oil fields for over $500 million
- Census reveals decline of Christianity and rise in foreign born to one in eight
- Turkish opposition candidate confirmed winner of Istanbul mayoral race
- Maha polls: BJP looks to improve tally; Sena, Oppn for political space
- Updated Numbers Confirm Maleficent 2 Took Down Joker at the Box Office
- Vaping linked to 19 deaths in the United States
- Indonesia's Aceh sees rise in public canings to enforce Islamic sharia code, Amnesty says
- The Curious Case of Confirmation Bias
155 more Covid-19 patients confirmed, Wednesday tally rises to 423 have 528 words, post on dtinews.vn at June 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.