Hanoi (VNA) – The working group for Vietnam-France defence cooperation held a meeting via videoconference on May 5 during which the two countries' officials agreed to maintain high-level contact and strengthen links in different aspects.
The event was chaired by Lt. Gen. Vu Chien Thang, Director of the Department for External Relations under the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defence , and Brigadier General Eric Peltier, head of the south bilateral cooperation department of the French army .
Reviewing the cooperation outcomes in the recent past, the two sides noted that Vietnam and France have maintained their cooperative ties in many areas in an appropriate manner.
Despite complex developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, they have sustained high-level contact via videoconference while working closely and rather effectively in other spheres like training, UN peacekeeping operations, and military medicine.
Thang appreciated the French Ministry of Armed Forces' assistance for Vietnam in personnel training, knowledge exchange, and experience sharing.
Particularly, he added, France has sent its experienced experts to provide specialised advice for the Vietnam Department of Peacekeeping Operations under a cooperation agreement between Vietnam and the EU.
For the time ahead, the two sides agreed to maintain high-level contact in suitable forms, in person or via teleconference; organise activities to mark the 30th founding anniversary of defence relations; and enhance ties in hydrography, peacekeeping operations, military medicine, and training.
They will also specify the time for the Vietnam-France defence strategy and cooperation dialogue this year and finalise the defence cooperation plan for 2021-2022./.
- Vietnam-Romania joint committee holds first ministerial-level session
- Rolls Royce sign up to the Defence Aviation Safety Conference
- VN to host 13th ASEM Customs Directors-General and Commissioners Meeting
- PM Modi urges US Defence industry to set up manufacturing base
- Seven top industry solution providers presenting and exhibiting at Defence Logistics Central and Eastern Europe 2019
- Korean newspaper highlights Vietnam’s economic potential
- North Korea Studies Vietnam for Development Ideas
- Trump Lawyer Rudy Giuliani's Mysterious Ties to Russia and Former Soviet Union Go Back Decades, Experts Argue
- George H.W. Bush Warned Iraq War Would 'Not Be Another Vietnam': Relive Newsweek's 1990 Cover Story
- Trump Meets With Macron Amid Tension Over European Security
- France and Germany's Leaders Mistaken for Married Couple at World War I Ceremony
- GE didn't deliver on jobs; now, France wants up to $60 million
- How Vietnam Will Ship Tariff-Free This Year to Countries Covering 45% of World GDP
- Trump vs. Macron: France's President Warns of Nationalist Forces With ‘No Memory,’ Says Europe Must Unite to Prevent World ‘Chaos’
- Violence Flares Anew as France Scrambles to Respond to ‘Yellow Vest’ Protesters
- France’s Yellow Vests Confront Macron with a New Reality
- What Trump Got Wrong About the Riots in France
- ‘Yellow Vest’ Protests Shook France. Here’s the Lesson for Climate Change.
- France fears more riots; Museums, Eiffel Tower to close
- France closes museums, Eiffel Tower amid ‘yellow vest’ protests
Working group for Vietnam-France defence ties meet via videoconference have 488 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.