Addressing the ceremony, HUFO Vice President Tran Hoang Khanh Van said the two countries have witnessed solid progress in bilateral relations over the 48 years, especially their decision to lift ties to a strategic partnership in 2019.
People-to-people relations between Vietnam and the Netherlands had existed before the two countries established diplomatic ties , she added.
Of particular note, the Medical Committee Netherlands-Vietnam (MCNV), which was set up in the Netherlands in 1968, has conducted a range of activities to support the Vietnamese people.
In addition to MCNV, many Dutch non-governmental organisations (NGOs) continue to cooperate with and help Vietnam in the fields of health, education, and poverty reduction, she said.
HCM City is one of the leading localities nationwide in implementing cooperation activities with the Netherlands, especially in climate change adaptation and sustainable agricultural development, Van added.
For his part, Consul General of the Netherlands to HCM City Carel Jacob Johan Richter affirmed that Vietnam is a priority country in his country's external relations, especially in trade and investment and sustainable development.
The Netherlands also remains an important economic partner of Vietnam, he said, adding that there is great potential and prospects for the two sides to further foster relations in the future.
On the occasion, a committee to promote the establishment of a Vietnam- Netherlands Friendship Association in HCM City was launched. The association is expected to strengthen multifaceted cooperation between the two countries as well as mutual understanding, solidarity, and friendship between their people./.
- Vietnam’s Cao Bang Park declared UNESCO Global Geopark
- Vietnam pulls out of hosting Asian Games
- Rangers coach Jones presented with Vietnam medal
- Griffey Jr., Larkin do baseball diplomacy in Cuba
- Rocky Bleier recalls Vietnam War, 40 years after it ended
- Disabled Vietnam vet gets a new van from Darrell Waltrip and Toyota
- Basketball diplomacy: NBA greats teach Cubans basketball
- Rookie’s Dutch ties mean little in Netherlands
- Netherlands-Costa Rica enter quarters clash as respective underdogs
- The Latest: French police arrest 25 more people overnight
- Germany-Netherlands canceled, stadium evacuated over bomb threat
- Madison Mallards don’t duck away from zany promotions
- From Rivers to Sutter, L.A. celebrities, teams promoting 2015 Special Olympics World Games
- Dana White: Every MMA promotion is ‘Triple-A to the UFC’
- IOC strikes deal with UN to use sports to promote peace
- UFC developing 115-pound women’s division but rival promoter cautions to move slowly
- TV mogul Michael King becomes boxing promoter
- Jags’ Bradley signs one-year extension; Wash promoted to DC
- Jaguars promote Wash to DC, give Bradley 1-year extension
- Kenseth-Logano feud part of Martinsville promotional push
Vietnam, Netherlands promoting people-to-people diplomacy have 437 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.