The batch is comprised of 105,000 masks of all kinds, 500kg of Cloramin B, 5,000 sets of protective clothing, 1,000 bottles of antiseptic solution, 1,000 kits of rapid tests for SARS-CoV-2 and 100 portable thermometers.
The Vietnamese side also dispatched four health professionals who have acquired experience in COVID-19 fight to support Laos in halting the spread of the virus.
"With a team of experienced specialists, we will assist Laos with emergency treatment, testing and resuscitation which Laos is in dire need of at the moment," said Major General Nguyen Hung Thang, Deputy Director and Chief of Staff of the General Department of Logistics, at the hand-over ceremony.
"We do expect Laos will prevent and repel the epidemic soon," he told Lieutenant General Khamphet Sinanone, Director of the Laos General Department of Logistics at the ceremony
For his part, Lieu, Gen. Khamphet Sinanone thanked the Vietnam People's Army for timely assistance which he said demonstrates vivid manifestation of the traditional friendship, special solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between the two Parties, States and armies of Laos and Vietnam.
"We will work closely with Vietnamese professionals at our military hospitals and effectively utilize the donated equipment," he said.
- Forty years on from the fall of Saigon: witnessing the end of the Vietnam war
- Friendship and cooperation – mainstream of Vietnam-China relations
- EVFTA opens up great chances for FDI attraction into Vietnam
- Vietnam reaches for prosperity
- Vietnam at 60: A legacy to be bequeathed
- Good Fight, Weak Opponent: MMA World Reacts to McGregor's UFC Comeback After Victory Over Cerrone
Vietnam lends a helping hand to Laos’ COVID-19 fight have 252 words, post on vov.vn at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.