"Changi Airport remains open for air travel during this period," according to a statement of Changi Airport Group (ACG). "Passengers may also continue to be dropped off and picked up from the airport."
"Access to the passenger terminal buildings will be restricted to only passengers with air tickets and essential airport workers. Some essential services and food and beverage outlets will remain open to serve them.”
All workers in Changi Airport's Terminals 1 and 3, and Jewel have been undergoing mandatory COVID-19 tests in a special testing operation starting May 9.
"This is to quickly detect, isolate and treat any potential COVID-19 cases in the airport community."
Meanwhile, the Singapore Badminton Open 2021, scheduled for June 1-6, has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
In an announcement, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) said all attempts were made to provide a safe tournament environment for all participants.
"However, the rising COVID-19 cases globally would lead to complex challenges in managing inbound travel. Thus, in the interest of our players and the local community’s health and safety, the event has to be cancelled."
The Southeast Asian country, with a population of 5.7 million, has so far reported more than 61,000 COVID-19 cases and 31 related deaths./.
- Singapore Airport could soon use facial recognition to identify passengers
- Singapore Air Force escorts Scoot plane back to Changi after pilot declares ‘bomb threat’ on board
- 8 airports that make layovers fun with pools, theaters, gardens and more
- Man used fake mobile boarding passes to live in airport lounges for 18 days
- Sleeping In Airports ranks the best and worst airports in the world
- Samsung to name Heathrow's Terminal 5 after the Galaxy S5 for a fortnight
- Apple Maps error leads to drivers crossing runway of international airport
- Robot baggage handlers, biometric scanners and more airport upgrades coming soon
- Unity Technologies’ Unity for Humanity Grant Brings Terminal 3 to Tribeca Film Festival
- Let’s Build a Global Power Grid
- Building a Super Robust Robot Hand
- System Bits: Sept. 19
- Watch a plane get put together in a few minutes in our favorite time-lapse videos
- The World's 30 Most Impressive Megaprojects
- LG’s Korean headquarters is a real-life Wonka factory, and we got the golden ticket
- Suspect in bizarre BART triple-stabbing ID’d as SF man
- The Latest: ETA tells the Basque people its journey is over
- Awesome tech you can’t buy yet: Luggage you can ride, cider makers, and more
- Passenger in need of fresh air opens emergency door on China flight
- 51 Useful Lesser Known Commands for Linux Users
Singapore: Changi Airport’s terminal buildings, Jewel closed due to COVID-19 have 447 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 13, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.