Julen Lopetegui’s side dominated the game but were dealt a late body blow when Athletic counter attacked and striker Inaki Williams showed composure to lift the ball into the top corner. The loss left Sevilla fourth in the standings on 70 points with four games to play, four behind second-placed Real Madrid and third-placed Barcelona and six from leaders Atletico Madrid.
* Parma’s three-year stay in Serie A ended on Monday when they were relegated following a 1-0 defeat by Torino. Parma's fifth successive defeat left them 12 points adrift of 17th-placed Cagliari. Parma, who have 20 points, follow Crotone in being relegated.
* Mark Selby beat fellow Englishman Shaun Murphy to claim a fourth world snooker title on Monday. Selby, nicknamed the Jester from Leicester, held his nerve in a tense evening session to triumph 18-15 and claim the title for the first time since 2017.
* Striker Michail Antonio scored twice on his return from injury to fire West Ham United to a 2-1 win at Burnley on Monday. The victory lifted the Hammers to fifth place with 58 points from 34 games, three behind London rivals Chelsea in the race for the final Champions League spot.
* Relegation-threatened West Bromwich Albion fought back to claim a 1-1 draw with Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday but failure to win the match at The Hawthorns moved them closer to dropping out of the Premier League. The point moved second-from-bottom West Brom to 26 points, still 10 away from the safety zone with only four games remaining.
* Paris St Germain will make a late decision on whether forward Kylian Mbappe will be available to face Manchester City in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, coach Mauricio Pochettino said on Monday. Mbappe, PSG’s top scorer this season with 25 goals in Ligue 1 and eight in Europe, missed the 2-1 victory over Lens on Saturday due to a calf injury.
* Struggling Hertha Berlin returned to action after a two-week coronavirus quarantine with a 1-1 draw at in-form Mainz 05 on Monday as they battle to avoid relegation. Hertha are 17th with 27 points from 29 matches and have two games in hand. Bottom club Schalke 04 are already relegated.
* The Spanish Grand Prix will allow 1,000 circuit members to attend Sunday’s Formula One race after local COVID-19 regulations are eased, organisers said on Monday. The May 9 race is the fourth round of the season and a home grand prix for Ferrari’s Carlos Sainz and Alpine’s double world champion Fernando Alonso.
* Paris St Germain midfielder Idrissa Gueye will serve a two-match European suspension for his straight red card in last week’s Champions League semi-final first-leg against Manchester City, European soccer’s governing body UEFA said on Monday. Gueye was dismissed in the 77th minute in Paris for a reckless challenge on Ilkay Gundogan as City came from behind to secure a 2-1 victory in Paris.
* The KPMG Women’s PGA Championship next month in Johns Creek, Georgia, will be contested with approximately 8,000 spectators on-site each day at Atlanta Athletic Club, the PGA of America said on Monday.
* Valencia sacked coach Javi Gracia a day after the team slipped to within six points of the relegation zone in La Liga, the club said in a statement on Monday. Spaniard Gracia, who took over at the end of last season, was fired following the team’s 3-2 home defeat by Barcelona on Sunday, their sixth consecutive league game without a win.
* The second-tier AFC Cup’s group stage matches for clubs in the east zone have been postponed to June due to challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Asian Football Confederation said on Monday. The Group J matches were initially scheduled to be held in Hong Kong (China) from May 14-20 but will now be played from June 23-29.
- Turati heroics and lethal Lazio offer hope of vintage Serie A title race
- State of play in Europe: La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Eredivisie title races assessed
- Veteran big men stand out in Kansas, Michigan title runs
- La Liga: Messi leads Barca over Atletico, Sevilla wins
- Caster Semenya given London 2012 gold medal after rival is stripped of title
- Transgender female NCAA cross country runner, 22, in Montana named Conference Female Athlete of the Week after placing second in women's race
- West Ham derail Tottenham’s title bid with Manuel Lanzini’s goal
- This NGO encourages PWD athletes
- Kenya's Rudisha aims to regain fitness, defend Olympic title
- South Asian Games 2019: India clinch 27 medals on Day 2 with big hauls from shooting, athletics; 2nd in medal tally
- Kenya's marathon queen Keitany still hungry for more titles
- Athletics: Kenya's Chepkoech eyes fast track to Olympic gold
- Athletics: Kipchoge to defend Olympic marathon title - if selected
- Kenya's Kipyegon ready for Olympic title defense after long absence
- Athletics: Ethiopia’s Dibaba out of world championships with foot injury
- Kipchoge to defend Olympic marathon title - if selected
- Stout defenses push Oklahoma, Baylor into Big 12 title game
- South Asian Games: India Clinch 27 Medals on Day 2 With Big Hauls in Shooting and Athletics
- That, Tam win national cycling titles
- Can Spurs surge to English Premier League title?
Sevilla fade from title race with loss to Athletic have 828 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.