#Narendra ModiPM Modi calls Bengal Governor, expresses concern over law and order situation
#Narendra ModiPM Modi-Boris Johnson virtual summit today: All you need to know
#Narendra ModiPM Modi approves key decisions to boost availability of medical personnel to fight COVID-19
#Narendra ModiPM Modi to hold virtual summit with British counterpart Boris Johnson on Tuesday
#Narendra ModiElection results 2021: PM Modi congratulates Mamata, Vijayan, Stalin for poll win
#Narendra ModiPM Modi reviews progress of converting nitrogen plant to oxygen plants
- Sports Mourinho to Roma: The quotes that chart his Tottenham downfall
- Movies Bill Gates And Wife Melinda Gates File For Divorce After 27 Years Of Marriage, Couple Issue Joint Statement
- Education ICSI CS Exams Postponed For June 2021 Session
- Automobiles First Electric Bentley To Be Revealed In 2025: Bentley To Become A Luxury EV Manufacturer
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In May
- Lifestyle 'Lip Wings' Are The New Makeup Trend That's Going Viral And Here's How You Can Nail It!
- Technology DoT Allows Reliance Jio And Airtel To Conduct 5G Trials In India
- Finance PPF Withdrawal & Premature Closure Rules Explained
New Delhi, May 04: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday held a virtual summit with his British counterpart Boris Johnson with an aim to further bolster bilateral ties in a range of areas including healthcare and trade, as the UK Prime Minister announced GBP 1 billion worth of UK-India trade and investment.
According to a statement from Johnson’s office, “more than 6,500 new jobs will be created around the UK thanks to the one billion pounds of new UK-India trade and investment announced by the Prime Minister today.”
The package contains over 533 million pounds of new Indian investment into the UK, which is expected to create more than 6,000 jobs in vital and growing sectors such as health and technology, Downing Street said. This includes a GBP 240 million investment by the Serum Institute of India (SII) in the UK into its vaccine business and a new sales office in the country, expected to generate new business worth over USD 1 billion, it added.
The two sides are also expected to unveil an ambitious 10-year roadmap to further broaden ties at the end of the summit. Ahead of the summit, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Sunday said the meet will be an important opportunity to elevate the multi-faceted strategic ties and enhance cooperation on regional and global issues of mutual interest.
“A comprehensive roadmap 2030 will be launched during the summit, which will pave the way for further expanding and deepening India-UK cooperation over the next decade across five key areas,” the MEA had said.
Johnson was scheduled to visit India late last month. But days before the visit, he called it off in view of the coronavirus pandemic. In January too, Johnson’s planned trip to India to participate in the Republic Day parade as the chief guest was cancelled following a surge in COVID-19 infections in the UK.
Earlier in the day, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and British Home Secretary Priti Paten signed a migration and mobility partnership agreement. Jaishankar is currently on a four-day visit to the UK to attend a meeting of foreign ministers of G7 countries.
“A fruitful meeting this morning with Home Secretary @pritipatel. Signed the Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement that would facilitate legal travel and encourage talent flows. The living bridge between India andthe UK will get stronger as a result,” he tweeted.
- India will not join RCEP deal: PM Modi
- Boris Johnson announces £1.8bn one-off cash boost for NHS hospitals
- Calais migrants: UK and France sign new treaty
- Brexit: EU and UK agree on deal — as it happened
- 'Give me an election!' Furious Boris Johnson demands voters get the final say on Brexit crisis after judges rule suspension of Parliament broke the law - but Jeremy Corbyn is set to block the country from going to the polls AGAIN
- Boris Johnson will make statement in Downing Street at 6pm amid claims he is set to call a snap election before Brexit if Remainers vote to block No Deal tomorrow
- UK trade minister: NHS not 'up for sale'
- Boris Johnson BEGGED his brother not to quit: Emotional late-night phone call revealed as Jo Johnson deals the PM a body blow by walking out of Cabinet after 'Stalinist purge' of Remainer rebels
- Boris Johnson convinced his party to trade credentials for cut-through. Will Britain do the same?
- RPT-REUTERS SUMMIT-Sterling bets too risky, some UK stocks appeal - LGIM
- UK lawmakers vote to support plan to stop no-deal Brexit — as it happened
- Boris Johnson: An unsuitable boy
- UK MPs vote down Theresa May's Brexit deal by 391 to 242
- Finnish PM Rinne expects another Brexit delay
- Brexit: Crucial day for Boris Johnson and no-deal date — as it happened
- Sterling bets too risky, some UK stocks appeal: LGIM
- Sterling bets too risky, some UK stocks appeal - LGIM
- When Modi informed UK PM Johnson about Ashes win
- UK PM Johnson Hails ‘Great New Deal' on Brexit, Urges MPs to Ratify it at ‘Super Saturday’ Sitting
- Meet Britain's New Government: A Look Into Boris Johnson's Cabinet
PM Modi holds virtual summit with Boris Johnson: UK PM announces 1 billion pounds worth of trade, investment have 1098 words, post on www.oneindia.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.