He made the request while chairing a meeting between the cabinet and the National Steering Committee on COVID-19 Prevention and Control on May 10 to discuss drastic measures against the pandemic.
The PM asked the Ministry of Health to identify pandemic risk levels, issue stark warning, as well as pen measures and requirements of medical supplies for each level.
The ministry must clarify the number of COVID-19 vaccine doses, and the exact dates they will come to the country, he said, adding the Ministry of Foreign Affairs should join hands in the search for vaccine resources.
He also asked the ministry to tighten discipline within the sector, and strictly follows current regulations, with priority given to the 5K message.
As for the police, military and border guard forces, Chinh ordered them to enhance control of the border areas, as well as detect and mete out punishment to anyone with illegal immigration and residence.
Meanwhile, localities should stay prudent, and promote supervision and control of the COVID-19 situation, he added.
The ministries of Health and Finance were told to work together to remove bottlenecks for the pandemic prevention work, and ensure transparency and instruction of prices of medical equipment and supplies.
PM Chinh also urged the implementation of information technology to close the gap in COVID-19 control, while laying stress on the necessity to build more COVID-19 treatment hospitals.
Besides, he asked the health ministry and competent authorities to step up communications work to raise public awareness of the pandemic situation, prevention measures, and future response.
At the event, participants said that although the pandemic has been basically put under control in Vietnam, it has developed in a more complicated fashion in recent days, while stressing more drastic and effective measures.
- PM calls for joint effort to fight plastic waste
- PM calls on RoK firms to increase investment in tourism, health care
- PM calls for greater efforts in coping with natural disasters
- Malcolm Turnbull fires a shot at Scott Morrison after the PM called the police chief to ask about a fraud investigation involving his energy minister
- Palestinian PM calls for European pressure on Israel for holding Palestinian elections
- PM call to NSW top cop 'storm in a teacup'
- Chinese president meets Papua New Guinea PM, calling for deepening cooperation
- South Korean PM calls for sincere dialogue with Japan to resolve disputes
- Catalonia referendum: Spain PM calls for 'escalation' to stop
- Portuguese PM calls for double access to European science, research funds
- #GoBackModi is top Twitter trend again as PM set to address two rallies in Jharkhand
- In Defense of Bella Thorne and Her 19 Cats
- A Few Questions About Bella Thorne’s 19 Cats
- Hundreds hold vigil for mass shooting victims outside NRA headquarters
- The PM went for the shot, calling Balls 'that muttering idiot opposite'
- Ludhiana City Centre case: How state Punjab Vigilance Bureau negated its own investigation
- Malta PM Joseph Muscat ‘tells associates he will QUIT’ over the murder of anti-corruption journalist Daphne Caruana
- Winter Session LIVE: PM to address both Houses on Constitution Day
- Winter Session updates: PM hails Ambedkar at joint session to mark Constitution Day
- Boris Johnson would hold a Queen's Speech on December 19 if he wins the election as he vows to 'get Brexit done' by January 31
PM calls for further vigilance against COVID-19 have 524 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at July 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.