Vietnam reported no new Covid-19 cases on the morning of May 2, marking 12 hours without community transmission, according to the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
As of 6am, May 2, 2021, the total number of confirmed Covid-19 cases remained at 1,587, of whom 927 were new cases detected between January 27 and May 2, 2021.
Localities around the country are tightening pandemic prevention measures. Photo: Kinh te & Do thi
More than 40,563 people are being quarantined across the country, with 541 at hospitals, 23,125 at designated facilities and 16,897 at their accommodations.
According to statistic from Medical Service Administration (Ministry of Health), among the cases of Covid-19 under treatment, the number of cases tested negative for SARS-CoV-2 virus was 72.
Another 1,580 people were injected with COVID-19 vaccine on May 1 throughout seven provinces and cities, including Hanoi, HCMC, Bac Ninh, Ba Ria Vung Tau, Gia Lai, Quang Ninh and Hai Duong.
As of 4pm on May 1, the country has carried out Covid-19 vaccination (two shots) for 511,435 people who are health care workers treating COVID patients, front line workers in the Covid-19 pandemic fight, soldiers and police officers, among others.
After locally-infected cases were detected in late April, localities around the country are tightening pandemic prevention measures.
- Economic milestones of Vietnam in 2019
- New Year celebrations of Giay ethnic people
- Vietnam cautious about opening aviation market to foreigners
- All hail the new kings: men’s football dominates Vietnam’s sporting moments in 2019
- Breakfast @ Tuoi Tre News – Happy New Year!
- Sydney famous New Year's Eve fireworks display to go ahead amid bushfire threat
- Don Imus: The sun sets on his morning radio show
- Robert Kraft, New England Patriots Owner, Being Charged In Jupiter, Florida Prostitution Bust
- African swine fever infected pigs dumped on river bank in central Vietnam
- Vietnam culls 1.5 million pigs as African swine fever epidemic rages
- Vietnam closely monitors severe pneumonia outbreak in China
- Issues in 3 submarine cables to slow down Internet speed in Vietnam
- Vietnam facing cybersecurity challenges
- How Vietnam’s ethnic minorities celebrate Lunar New Year
- Undersea disruptions take mega-byte out of Vietnam connectivity
- No compensation for airlines affected by blackout at Vietnam’s largest airport: watchdog
- Vietnam – Cambodia model border market inaugurated
- Student, 19, reveals how she was raped in horrific 50-minute sex attack after her drink was spiked at a New Year's Eve party
- Vietnam’s forex reserves hit all-time high of $80bn
- Health officials reveal people infected with measles traveled through five US airports in December, potentially exposing thousands
Morning May 2: No new Covid-19 infections detected in Vietnam have 386 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.