The 37-year old man is an expert who is working for VinFast Trading and Production LLC, a subsidiary of Vietnamese conglomerate Vingroup.
The patient originally entered the nation on April 17 and was immediately brought to a concentrated quarantine facility at Canh Hung Hotel in Hong Bang district of the northern city of Hai Phong.
Once in quarantine, two COVID-19 tests were taken, with the results coming back negative twice on both April 19 and on April 30, respectively. Subsequently, he ended his quarantine period on May 1 and traveled to his apartment in Vinhomes Times City by taxi.
Following this, he went to Vinmec International Hospital on May 3 to undergo a further COVID-19 test, with the results being positive for the SARS-COV-2 virus on May 4. The patient was subsequently transferred to an isolation treatment at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
At present, relevant units have been able to successfully trace six F1 cases who came into close contact with the patient, including his wife and children, in addition to three residents living in the same building.
Currently, his wife and children have been put into temporary isolation at their residence, while the three remaining individuals will be taken to a concentrated quarantine facility.
Furthermore, the driver who brought the patient back to Hanoi has also been put in quarantine for testing in the northern province of Hai Phong.
Moreover, 41 people who reside on the same floor as the patient in Vinhomes Times City have been sampled, with their test results yet to be verified.
The Park Hill 10 building has a total of 34 floors, forcing approximately 1,500 residents to be put into lockdown following the latest detection of the Indian case.
- Five France returnees Vietnam's latest Covid-19 cases
- Australian Open lead-up matches suspended as positive COVID-19 case detected
- Vietnam registers another 30 domestic Covid-19 cases
- Quang Ninh considers placing town in lockdown as new COVID-19 cases found
- Hairdresser among Hanoi’s latest COVID-19 infections
- Czech Republic Passes 1 Million COVID-19 Cases
- Vietnam detects more locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam locks down factory following COVID-19 cluster detection
- Hanoi shuts bars and karaoke parlors in latest Covid-19 response
- US expert confirmed among imported COVID-19 cases in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms another 14 domestic Covid-19 cases
- 31 new local COVID-19 cases documented in Vietnam
- 82 Covid-19 cases reported in Hai Duong and Quang Ninh
- Hanoi authority locks down apartment building after Covid-19 case confirmed
- Nine more locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases confirmed on Friday morning
- Quảng Ninh ordered school closures, publishes travel history of new community COVID-19 case
- Japan will ban entry to foreign nationals after Covid-19 variant detected in country
- Malaysian expert, Russia returnees three new Covid-19 cases in Vietnam
- PM convenes urgent meeting after 82 local Covid-19 cases confirmed
- V. League 1 match postponed after fresh Covid-19 transmissions detected
Indian expert becomes latest COVID-19 case detected in Hanoi have 437 words, post on vov.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.