Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Hitachi SE ‘s renewable energy business expanded its market to Vietnam by signing a strategic cooperation agreement with Trung Nam Wind Power Joint Stock Company of Trung Nam Group (TNG) in Ho Chi Minh City on May 14.
The event also marked a new step for TNG in attracting foreign investors to the firm’s renewable energy projects.
Currently, Trung Nam Wind Power Joint Stock Company is operating a 151.95 MW wind farm in Ninh Thuan province worth 4 trillion VND (172.4 million USD), with an estimated output of 432,000,000 kWh per year.
After the deal, Hitachi SE will own a 35.1 percent stake in the wind farm.
According to the representatives, Hitachi highly valued the quality of the wind farm as well as its long-term and effective development in the future.
The cooperation will give TNG additional funds from partners and increase its capital to continue implementing renewable energy projects.
Besides the wind farm, TNG also runs two solar power projects in Ninh Thuan and Tra Vinh provinces with a total capacity of more than 360MW. Last year, the group became the first private investor in Vietnam to build and put a 500kV substation and 220/500kV transmission line combined with the 450 MW Trung Nam Thuan Nam Solar Power Plant into operation.
The group is working on other projects in Dak Lak, Gia Lai, Tra Vinh and Ninh Thuan, aiming to connect 10GW to the national grid by 2027.
National energy demand grows at a rate of 9-10 percent annually, so Vietnam is implementing many policies to encourage the development of renewable energy projects, not only to meet rising energy demand but also to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Vietnam has set a target of producing 11.8GW of electricity from wind power by 2030.
Hitachi SE, along with its member companies, operates 30 wind power companies with a total installed capacity of 248MW in Japan./.
- Enbridge Is Said to Seek Partial Sale of German Wind Farm Stake
- Singapore Inc. Buys an Overpriced Ticket to Hainan
- BR Analysis. Farm land deals in Romania to remain on increasing trend
- TPG Said to Pursue Stake in $500 Million Thai Fertility Hospital
- HNA Wants to Sell Its $6.5 Billion Hilton Stake
- The WalesOnline 35 Under 35: The top young business and professional women in Wales 2018
- Pennsylvania killer lured four young men to his farm for weed. Their bodies were found in a pig roaster
- Reaping the fruits of her labour: from Tipperary farm to head of health giant
- Donald Trump's failed attempts to buy landmark St Andrews hotel
- Thousands of first-time buyers missing out on government funding – how to get help buying a home
- 'It's what Jesus would do': Televangelist asks followers for $54m to buy private jet
- Time for Team China to Help Out ZTE
- U.K. Earmarks $262 Million to Bolster Its Nuclear Power Industry
- This Tiny Mortgage Lender Bets on Beating Japan's Giants
- Heineken Inks $3.1 Billion Deal to Grow in Hot China Market
- Ocado Soars to Record as It Cracks U.S. With Kroger Deal
- Engie Weighs Offer for $8.5 Billion EDP Renovaveis
- Germany Toughens Stance and Blocks China Deal
- As Trade War Looms, Duty-Free Retailer Dufry Sees Opportunities
- Murdoch Caps Long Career by Laughing All the Way to Bank
Hitachi SE buys over 35 percent of stake in Trung Nam Group's wind farm have 533 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.