Of the amount, US$360 million was channeled into 100 new projects, primarily in commerce (US$225.1 million) and real estate (US$125.8 million).
Meanwhile, US$403 million was added to 30 existing projects and another US$377.6 million was used for capital contribution and share purchases in a total 547 transactions.
Foreign investors pumped most of the capital in processing and manufacturing with US$322 million, making up 28.2 percent, followed by commerce with US$321.2 million, real estate (US$196.3 million), science and technology activities (US$175.4 million), and education-training (US$30.3 million).
Among 55 countries and territories investing in the city in the period, Japan took the lead with US$494.4 million, Singapore came second with US$281.6 million, and the Republic of Korea was third with US$97.7 million.
Hua Quoc Hung, head of the management board of industrial and export processing zones of HCM City, said the southern hub's processing and industrial zones had lured US$237 million as of late April, surging 26 percent against the same period last year.
The municipal People's Committee has devised a plan to meet with FDI businesses in an effort to improve investment climate and support the firms, as well as introduce major projects and the city's investment orientations for the 2021-25.
- Play adapted from Balzac novel to be staged at HCM City Opera House
- HCM City steps up cooperation with Australia in high-tech agriculture
- Toyota Classics 2018 to take place in HCM City this month
- HCM City calls on FDI firms to support local sustainable development
- HCM City’s Hoa Lư Stadium to host French food and culture festival
- HCM City couple donate $4.34-million assets for orphans
- HBO Max will cost $14.99 per month and launch in May 2020
- Southern provinces ready for billion-dollar FDI projects
- Vietnam attracts US$8.06 billion in FDI in Jan-Apr
- ‘Tourism kills neighbourhoods’: how do we save cities from the city break?
- FDI inflows see on-quarter peak
- Hanoi has over 14,000 new businesses in seven months
- FDI registration hits record high in Q1
- FDI into Vietnam falls 13.4 percent in seven months
- Real estate lures most investment in first quarter
- Gov’t meeting highlights positive economic performance in 9 months
- Behind The Network Of Outside, Left-Wing Groups Pushing Racial Policies In Cities, Counties Across America
- Việt Nam’s six-month industrial production up 9.13%
- PE investments in 2018 hit record $222 billion as high-tech, fintech shine
- El Chapo is sentenced to life behind bars and told to forfeit $12.6 BILLION to the US government at dramatic court hearing where he broke his silence to complain about 'torturous' conditions in jail and thanked his glamorous wife for standing by him
HCM City lures US$1.14 billion in FDI in four months have 409 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at May 1, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.