HCM City reported a foreign direct investment (FDI) influx of $1.14 billion in the first four months this year. — FDI-Vietnam.com
HCM CITY – HCM City reported a foreign direct investment (FDI) influx of USD1.14 billion in the first four months of 2021, a year-on-year decline of 12.92 per cent.
Approximately $360 million was channelled into 100 new projects, primarily in commerce ($225.1 million ) and real estate ($125.8 million).
Meanwhile, $403 million was added to 30 existing projects and another $377.6 million was used for capital contribution and share purchases in a total 547 transactions.
Foreign investors pumped most of the capital in processing and manufacturing with $322 million, making up 28.2 per cent, followed by commerce with $321.2 million, real estate ($196.3 million), science and technology activities ($175.4 million), and education-training ($30.3 million).
Among 55 countries and territories investing in the city during the period, Japan took the lead with $494.4 million, Singapore second with $281.6 million, and the Republic of Korea was third with $97.7 million.
Hứa Quốc Hưng, head of the management board of industrial and export processing zones of HCM City, said the southern hub's processing and industrial zones had lured $237 million as of late April, an increase of 26 per cent against the same period last year.
The municipal People's Committee has devised a plan to meet with FDI businesses in a bid to improve investment climate and support the firms, as well as introduce major projects and the city's investment plans for the next five years. – VNS
- FDI firms contribute ideas to promote growth in HCM City
- HCM City’s authorities meet British firms to tackle business difficulties
- HCM City: Exports pick up 6 percent in eight months
- Doing their civic duty: HCM City residents donate land to widen alleys
- HCM City's District 3: 18th coolest neighbourhood in the world
- HCM City apologises to local residents for shortcomings at Thủ Thiêm project
- HCM City couple donate USD4.34-million assets for orphans
- Ground broken for HCM City’s 2nd waste-to-energy plant
- HCM City adds facilities to hospitals to cope with overcrowding
- Survey finds only 39 homeless families in HCM City
- HCM City hospitals urged to improve quality further as patients remain dissatisfied
- Vietnam IT outsourcing conference to be held in HCM City
- HCM City draws over 3 billion USD in foreign investment in H1
- HCM City invites investment into waste-to-energy technology
- Work starts on 2,000 tonne waste-to-energy plant in HCM City
- HCM City to keep pork prices steady despite supply slump
- African cat on the loose near US city lured with rotisserie chicken
- Vietnam needs to renew property market to lure more foreign capital
- The History of Atlantic City
- Urban living makes us miserable – this city is trying to change that
HCM City lures $1.14 billion in FDI in four months have 420 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.