According to initial investigations, Hoang Van Cu, born in 2000 in northern Cao Bang province, moved to HCM City to look for work and came into contact with a Chinese man named Minh, who asked him to arrange accommodation for a group of Chinese friends for 200,000 VND (8.7 USD) per person per day.
Cu knew that the Chinese nationals had illegally entered Vietnam but did not inform authorities, instead taking up Minh's offer as he was in need of cash.
The Tan Binh district police force discovered the Chinese immigrants on April 26 and arrested Cu.
In another case, municipal police have started legal proceedings against Nguyen Van Thanh, born in 1995 in northern Bac Giang province and now residing in the city's Tan Phu district, for housing illegal immigrants.
A man named Trong, Thanh's partner in crime, asked Thanh to pick up 13 illegal Chinese immigrants and arrange accommodation for them, and paid him 10.5 million VND.
Thanh and the Chinese nationals were detained near Rach Ong Bridge in District 7 on May 28.
Further investigations are underway./.
- HCM City still suffers from polluting canals
- New Phu My Hung project likely to spur HCM City housing market
- Korean-led illegal poker gambling house bust in HCM City
- Star launches legal challenge to end secrecy in Ontario tribunals
- Volunteer campaign 2018 kicks off in HCM City
- Housing developers target hospitality segment
- City Sues Over Alleged Airbnb Housing Ring That Made Millions
- Vietjet Air launches two new routes to Japan
- Story of cities #44: will Dadaab, the world's largest refugee camp, really close?
- 'The Wild West': Questions surround Trump legal team payments
- Five Chinese and Vietnamese jailed for involving in illegal surrogacy ring
- DACA Illegal Aliens Surged Hispanic Vote, Flipping GOP Counties Blue
- Senior House Democrat calls Purple Heart vet's closed door impeachment testimony 'extremely disturbing' as Donald Trump blasts witness as 'Never Trumper' and allies accuse Ukrainian language speaker of dual loyalty and 'espionage'
- The fake video era of US politics has arrived on Twitter
- Another Dead Cyclist In The City
- Police commence criminal proceedings against deadly explosion in Bac Ninh
- Trump hosts Apple’s Tim Cook at the White House to discuss trade
- To plan its smart cities, the Dutch first looked at years of data
- How tech turned a 700-year-old city into one of Europe’s most futuristic
- 10 Best Free Legal Streaming Apps For Movies And TV Shows
HCM City launches legal proceedings for housing illegal arrivals have 420 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.