Online electioneering helps protect the community amid the Covid-19 pandemic and remains an effective communication channel between voters and candidates ahead of the general elections.
General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Nguyen Phu Trong and other candidates standing for the 15 th National Assembly election [term 2021-2026] under Hanoi's constituency No.1 on May 8 carried out online electioneering.
|Overview of the online electioneering. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
The online event was streamlined from the headquarter of Ba Dinh district People's Council to 53 wards under three districts of Ba Dinh, Dong Da and Hai Ba Trung with the participation of over 2,400 voters.
Meanwhile, those joined the face-to-face meeting were required to strictly comply with anti-Covid-19 measures by using hand sanitizers, keeping safe distance, wearing face masks and declaring health information.
"Amid the serious Covid-19 situation in Hanoi, the local authorities decided to hold the electioneering online," said Chairwoman of the Ba Dinh district Vietnam Fatherland Front.
On the past few days, other constituencies of No.3, 5 and 6 had also held online campaigning.
"Such format has been effective and helps protect the community by avoiding mass gathering during the pandemic," said Nguyen Thi Ngoc Diem, a voter at Nguyen Du ward, Hai Ba Trung district.
"Nevertheless, voters are still able to meet candidates, listen to their respective action programs and later exchange opinions," she added.
Chairwoman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front – Hanoi chapter Nguyen Lan Huong said online electioneering is a necessary step given the Covid-19 resurgence in a number of countries, including Vietnam.
"The government urges high alert in the Covid-19 fight, especially as the entire political system is preparing for the election of deputies for the 15 th National Assembly and all-level People's Councils for the 2021-26 period," said Huong.
On May 23, 2021, voters nationwide will go to the polls to elect members of the 15th National Assembly and the People’s Councils at all levels for the term 2021 – 2026.
Hanoi, the city of roughly 10 million people, has around 5.8 million voters.
- Why tactical voting is the talk of the UK's upcoming general election
- Antoinette Sandbach: Ex-Tory defects to Lib Dems weeks before general election
- Meet the Brexiteer candidate taking on Dominic Grieve in this general election
- General election 2019: The election losers who come back for more
- General election LIVE: Nigel Farage 'outmanoeuvred' by Boris Johnson over Brexit U-turn
- General Election 2019 LIVE: latest news as Labour rocked by another anti-Semitism storm tonight
- General Election LIVE: latest news as Nigel Farage urged to stand down in Labour seats next
- Fear reigns as UK prepares for its third general election in four years
- Tony Blair Urges Britons to Use Snap General Election to Avoid Hard Brexit
- Can Labour win the general election? Polls, odds and 7 seats to watch
- General election 2019: how to send us your stories and views
- General election 2019: Farage calls on Tories to stand aside for Brexit Party
- General election: 43 lies, gaffes and scandals that make Boris Johnson unfit to rule
- Democratic culture and the 2019 general elections in Nigeria (1)
- Former Labour peer Lord Alan Sugar would back Boris Johnson in the General Election — if he was allowed to vote
- General election 2019: The town that won't get a choice
- Will former wife's 'tell-all' book hurt Imran Khan in upcoming Pakistan election?
- Nigel Farage's Brexit Party will not compete in Tory seats during upcoming UK election
- Spanish socialists aim to consolidate general election win
- Pakistan: Will general elections be held on time?
Hanoi’s candidates for upcoming general elections turn to online electioneering have 561 words, post on hanoitimes.vn at May 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.