He will succeed current coach Joachim Loew, with whom he won the World Cup as an assistant in 2014. Flick led Bayern to six titles in the 2019/2020 season and also won this season’s Bundesliga crown but decided to leave the champions after 18 months in charge.
* South African athletes due to participate in this year’s Tokyo Olympics will receive COVID-19 shots during a vaccination rollout that has so far prioritised the elderly and frontline workers, the country’s medicine authority said on Tuesday.
* UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus over their attempts to launch a breakaway Super League, European soccer’s governing body said on Tuesday. The clubs are the only three of the original 12 to have not distanced themselves from the project following an outpouring of criticism.
* Villarreal coach Unai Emery believes the Europa League final against Manchester United is an opportunity for his side to assert themselves among the top teams on the continent, urging them to take the final step of winning a major trophy.
* Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hopes that winning the Europa League would be the start of “something more” for the club. United take on Spanish side Villarreal in Wednesday’s final in Gdansk, looking to win their first trophy since a Europa League success under Jose Mourinho in 2017.
* The Biden administration on Tuesday reaffirmed its support for Tokyo’s plan to hold the Olympic Games this summer and for US athletes competing there.
* Trent Alexander-Arnold has the passing ability and vision to slot into a midfield position for England in the future, manager Gareth Southgate said after naming the Liverpool defender in his 33-man provisional squad for the European Championship.
* Fiorentina have named former Napoli manager Gennaro Gattuso as their new head coach following Giuseppe Iachini’s departure, the Serie A club announced on Tuesday. Gattuso left his role at Napoli after failing to secure Champions League qualification, with the team ending the season fifth in the standings, one point behind fourth-placed Juventus.
* Czech coach Jaroslav Silhavy dropped former captain Borek Dockal from his Euro 2020 squad on Tuesday while leaving one spot open for Slavia Prague defender Ondrej Kudela, who is appealing a 10-match ban for racist behaviour in a Europa League match.
* Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric has signed an extension to his contract until June 2022, the Spanish side said on Tuesday. Croatia international Modric’s contract was due to expire at the end of next month but he signed a new deal alongside Real president Florentino Perez.
* Around 20,000 spectators will be allowed to attend Spain’s friendly with Portugal in Madrid on June 4, authorities said on Tuesday, the first professional game to be held in the Spanish capital with a live audience for more than a year. Atletico Madrid’s Wanda Metropolitano, which can hold 67,000 people, will be at about 30per cent capacity for the game due to COVID-19 restrictions.
* British barrister Graham Stoker announced on Tuesday his candidacy to succeed Jean Todt as head of Formula One’s governing body, the FIA, with Denmark’s record nine times Le Mans 24 Hours winner Tom Kristensen in his leadership team. International Automobile Federation President Todt, in office since 2009, is standing down and his replacement will be elected in December.
* Austria coach Franco Foda has decided to gamble on the fitness of captain Julian Baumgartlinger, forward Marko Arnautovic and midfielder Christoph Baumgartner for the European Championship after naming them in his 26-man squad for the tournament.
- Thomas Muller extends Bayern Munich stay to 2023
- Manuel Neuer extension talks stall at Bayern Munich - reports
- Bayern Munich head coach Hansi Flick signs permanent deal until 2023
- Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge tees off on the 'amateurs' at the DFB
- Revenge and redemption: How Bayern Munich recovered from 1999 Manchester United trauma
- Coronavirus: Bayern Munich to resume training in small groups
- Coronavirus: Bayern Munich set to return to training in small groups
- Leon Goretzka to join Bayern Munich in the summer
- Bayern Munich resume training but hugs and challenges are banned
- Bayern Munich to resume training
- Coronavirus impact: Bayern Munich back to training but hugs & challenges are prohibited
- Bayern Munich’s sale of Arturo Vidal is a calculated risk worth taking
- Robert Lewandowski reportedly wants out of Bayern Munich this summer
- The Latest: Bayern Munich players return to training
- Thomas Mueller Signs Two-Year Contract Extension With Bayern Munich
- Thomas Muller signs new Bayern Munich deal until 2023
- Thomas Müller extends contract at Bayern Munich
- Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge slams DFB president for populism, his use of Twitter
- Sarpreet Singh's mum slept through his Bundesliga debut for Bayern Munich
- Bayer Leverkusen's Kai Havertz wants Bayern Munich move
Former Bayern Munich coach Flick takes over Germany to 2024 have 760 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at May 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.