CRISIS-HIT Real Madrid are pushing to slash their wage bill by TEN per cent – with Luka Modric among the first players to agree to have his pay cut.
During the first coronavirus lockdown of 2020, Los Blancos players were asked to accept a similar pay decrease to allow non-playing staff to still receive their pay.
The unilateral agreement was rejected, with cuts being agreed on an individual basis.
The LaLiga side are aiming to wipe out a £60million financial shortfall caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
And the hope to break even after players agree to a pay-cut.
Club legend Modric , 35, is among the first of the Galacticos squad to accept a salary slash.
The Croatian midfielder and Real Madrid both agreed to a ten per cent decrease after putting pen to paper on a new deal.
It’s hoped more players will follow suit, with the drama at Real Madrid reaching boiling point.
Zinedine Zidane quit earlier this week after failing to win either the LaLiga or Champions League title in 2020-21.
FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN SIGN UP OFFERS HERE
WIN £50,000 with Dream Team Euros
Dream Team Euros is HERE!
The best fantasy football game to accompany Euro 2020 has arrived.
And you can play absolutely FREE for your chance to win the £50,000 jackpot.
Dream Team Euros
- £50,000 jackpot
- The best fantasy football game this summer
- Play in mini-leagues against your mates, colleagues, family members – and some hand-picked celebrities
- FREE to play
Most read in Football
Massimiliano Allegri was the hot-favourite to take over, but it seems the Italian is set to return to Juventus after they confirmed the sacking of Andrea Pirlo .
Real Madrid could now turn to Castilla boss and former striker Raul, with Antonio Conte – fresh from leaving Serie A champions Inter Milan – also linked.
Tottenham target Mauricio Pochettino has also been linked with Los Blancos in the past, with the Argentine rumoured to be unhappy at Paris Saint-Germain.
Elsewhere, club legend Sergio Ramos is still yet to agree fresh terms at the Bernabeu.
The Spanish defender – axed from Jose Enrique’s squad for Euro 2020 – is out of contract at the end of the season and now on the brink of leaving on a free transfer.
Meanwhile, Uefa have opened proceedings against Real Madrid – along with Barcelona and Juventus – after failing to officially withdraw from the failed European Super League.
⚽ Read our Football live blog for the very latest news from around the grounds
- Frances O’Grady: Join our march for a new deal for working people
- Fact Check: How Much Will the 'Green New Deal’ Cost?
- AOC hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
- Pay Cut for Public Service
- Local elections 2018: Tory candidate Andrew Boff slams Labour rivals over ‘unfair’ council pay
- Inside Europe: 10 Years of Turmoil – what was the international financial crisis and how did it affect the eurozone?
- Supreme Court Ruling Aside, Unions Show New Signs of Life
- A $162,000 mistake: University of California to pay student victims of faulty payroll system
- Feds say California didn’t comply with ‘two document’ Real ID requirement
- Tampons, diapers and marijuana: California Democrats propose tax cuts and aid to renters
- California state workers in L.A., San Francisco should be paid more, new report finds
- The Art of No Deal: How Trump’s Iran Nuclear Decision Could Force US into Mideast Diplomacy
- Iowa and Nebraska worse than average in women's pay gap, study finds
- ‘You can’t make enough with minimum wage’: What does it take to get by in Missouri?
- Smug EU officials predict Britain will be in CHAOS within a week of a no deal Brexit
- Tax Cuts, Spending to Raise Deficit to $1T by 2020: Analysis
- Santos ‘optimistic’ over Robinho deal
- Pay for CalPERS' next chief investment officer can reach $1.77 million
- New makeup of Supreme Court matters: Miami Beach minimum wage appeal won’t be heard
- Brent councillors award themselves a 17.6% pay rise
Crisis-hit Real Madrid slash wage bill by 10 per cent with Luka Modric agreeing to pay cut in new deal have 773 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.