|People have their samples taken for COVID-19 testing in Phnom Penh on May 23. (Photo: The Star)|
Hanoi – The numbers of COVID-19 cases continued to rise in Southeast Asian countries on May 25.
In Laos, 56 cases were confirmed in six cities and provinces in the past 24 hours, including 42 local and 14 imported cases, reported its Health Ministry.
The country has so far logged 1,878 infections, 1,180 have been given all-clear from the virus. Two died from the disease.
The same day, the Cambodian Health Ministry reported 568 more cases, raising the total count to more than 26,000. Of the new cases, 540 were community transmissions and 28 were imported.
As many as 663 patients recovered and four were dead, raising the total fatalities to 183.
Despite countermeasures, new cases among workers in factories in the provinces of Kampong Speu, Koh Kong, Takeo, Kampng Chhnang and Svay Rieng are still on the rise.
Meanwhile, Malaysia recorded additional 7,289 cases, a record since the pandemic outbreak, marking the first time the daily figure has surpassed 7,000.
To date, the country has confirmed a total of 525,889 infections, including over 2,300 deaths.
The Philippine Health Ministry also announced 3,972 new cases, bringing the total to 1,118,672. Another 36 deaths the same day raised the total to 20,019 in the country.
- What the Paris climate deal means for Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia boosting homegrown defense
- Opium production soars in Southeast Asia
- How China is driving Japan closer to Southeast Asia
- Southeast Asia - a pirates' paradise
- Surge in Dengue Cases in South East Asia
- Saudi King Salman's Southeast Asia trip affirms Muslim friendship
- Why Southeast Asia's haze problem persists
- Southeast Asia struggles to tackle chaotic traffic
- US puts more emphasis on Southeast Asia
- China's Southeast Asia investments: A blessing or a curse?
- Why Southeast Asia struggles to tackle modern-day slavery
- Blame game over haze in Southeast Asia
- Scavengers pillage wartime wrecks in Southeast Asia
- It's not just Cambodia, Vietnam - Southeast Asia struggles with Internet freedom
- How China's downturn is impacting southeast Asia
- Bird Flu Deaths in Turkey First Outside Southeast Asia
- Bridgeport cop’s DUI case continued again
- Myanmar quake rocks Southeast Asia
- Solar eclipse will go back in time to darken parts of Southeast Asia and the Pacific
COVID-19 cases continue rising in Southeast Asia have 340 words, post on vir.com.vn at May 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.