The list of 34 players was announced Wednesday morning. Among these, 27 are playing in the top-flight V. League and seven in V. League 2.
A surprise on the list is Y Eli NiE, one of four keepers. The 20-year-old custodian was suspended for two games and fined VND5 million ($216.53) for suspicious behavior in a U19 national tournament game last year. In the last minute of the match, he passed the ball to the opponent's striker to let him score. After review, Vietnam Football Federation discovered further suspicious incidents and omitted the result.
The U22 team will stay at the Promotion Fund of Vietnamese Football Talent (PVF) Academy from May 11 to June 6 and train at Viettel Sports Center. Due to conflict in the training schedule with the national team, which is preparing for World Cup Asian qualifiers, U22 team training will be overseen by Park's assistant coaches.
In 2021, the Vietnam U22 team will have two important goals, which are winning another gold medal in SEA Games 31 after the first in 2019, and perform well at the U23 Asian Cup (formerly AFC U23 Championship) qualifiers from October 23 to 31 to claim a spot at the main tournament next year.
- Sea Games 30: Asia media praise Vietnamese football’s historic win
- SEA Games: Coach Park dreams of emulating Vietnamese women
- Coach Park sets determination to win first SEA Games gold medal with Vietnam U22s
- Vietnam prepared for 'tough' semifinal against Cambodia in SEA Games men’s football
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc to host reception for victorious SEA Games football teams
- Games glory awaits Vietnam: coach Park
Coach Park names U22 squad for SEA Games 31 have 258 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.