CÀ MAU — The Mekong Delta province of Cà Mau will step up the application of advanced technology to expand high-quality rice material farming.
Director of the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Lê Thanh Triều said under the province's planning, local farmers would cultivate rice on an area of 110,000 ha, with an average yield of 4.7 tonnes per hectare by 2025. Cà Mau would strive for a rice output of 520,000 tonnes by 2025, which is expected to then remain stable until 2030.
Triều said focus would be sharpened to develop organic rice materials that meet both domestic and international standards as well as promote the value chain of the food.
In the meantime, the shrimp – rice rotary cultivation model would be developed with a view to increasing the amount of certified organic shrimp farmers, he added.
Farmers would be encouraged to shift to growing high-quality rice varieties that are resilient against salinisation.
Figures show that the local rice growing area increased to 117,390 ha in 2020 from 112,534 in 2017. The yield surged by an average of 0.64 tonnes per hectare to 4.54 tonnes in 2020.
The department turned 50,000 ha of ineffective fields into cultivating high-yield rice that is resilient to climate change. In particular, it has successfully planted the grain under international organic standards. — VNS
- Kiên Giang farmers guaranteed outlets for high-quality rice
- Programme launched to support organic farming, ecotourism in Mekong Delta
- Hau Giang focuses on sustainable agriculture development
- Diversifying rice export markets to reduce risks
- Second thought for rice dominant farming
- Hậu Giang focuses on sustainable agriculture development
- COMMENT- Farms destroy value, not because of farmers but because of the government
- Vietnam strives for added rice export value
- Pakistan may receive higher orders for rice export
- yes and Debuts Revolutionary Sustainable Fashion Collection— From Farm To Consumer
- Mamador celebrates Fried Rice Day with new recipes
- MPEDA ropes in Swiss company for organic aqua-farming
- Rice exports face tough time amid huge global supply
- How to make local rice attractive to Nigerians — farmers group
- World’s most premier rice conference opens in Hanoi
- Lessons from solar: Rush to invest in wind power plants to get high tariffs could overload grid
- The perfect slice? High-fibre white bread could be on sale in Britain within five years after scientists develop genetically-modified wheat with twice the fibre of traditional white flour
- The perfect slice? High-fibre white bread could be on sale in Britain within five years after scientists breed a new type of wheat with twice the fibre of traditional white flour
- Kate Middleton Makes New Animal Friends During Surprise Farm Visit
- Domestic consumption of farm produce needs to be promoted
Ca Mau develops high-quality rice farming have 431 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.