CÀ MAU — The Mekong Delta province of Cà Mau will step up the application of advanced technology to expand high-quality rice material farming.
Director of the provincial Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Lê Thanh Triều said under the province's planning, local farmers would cultivate rice on an area of 110,000 ha, with an average yield of 4.7 tonnes per hectare by 2025. Cà Mau would strive for a rice output of 520,000 tonnes by 2025, which is expected to then remain stable until 2030.
Triều said focus would be sharpened to develop organic rice materials that meet both domestic and international standards as well as promote the value chain of the food.
In the meantime, the shrimp – rice rotary cultivation model would be developed with a view to increasing the amount of certified organic shrimp farmers, he added.
Farmers would be encouraged to shift to growing high-quality rice varieties that are resilient against salinisation.
Figures show that the local rice growing area increased to 117,390 ha in 2020 from 112,534 in 2017. The yield surged by an average of 0.64 tonnes per hectare to 4.54 tonnes in 2020.
The department turned 50,000 ha of ineffective fields into cultivating high-yield rice that is resilient to climate change. In particular, it has successfully planted the grain under international organic standards. — VNS
- Cà Mau promotes key agricultural products
- Diangana: Rice’s an inspiration, I hope to achieve similar success
- MLB Prospect Watch: One player on every team's farm system ready to make a major-league impact in 2019
- West Ham signs Rice to new contract through 2024
- Rice and Winks can fill the midfield hole in Southgate’s England team and complete the manager’s youthful revolution
- Subpoenas put Balt. Co. developer in the spotlight
- Pune-based CAS Modeling plans electric scooter by end-2018
- Rice commits to West Ham until 2024
- Iowa should be more than an NFL tight ends farm team
- Show Quality Metal Finishing – Take A Shine To Chrome
- Big Picture Blog: Ford bets the farm
- Horse Deaths are Threatening the Racing Industry. Is the Sport Obsolete?
- Chip Foose Explains His P32 – Expanded Interview for Web
- Porting Pontiac Heads – Pit Stop
- Food as Medicine: How Ethos Health Marries Organic Produce with Healthcare
- Parts And Information – Window Shopper
- Ask Anything – April 2014
- Alcohol Fuel Basics – Alcohol 101
- Small Business Snapshot: Colorado Aromatics
- Pit Stop with Marlan Davis
Ca Mau develops high-quality rice farming have 382 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.