A woman rides past a lotus pond in La Chu Village of Huong Tra Town, around 12 kilometers from downtown Hue.
Lotus season lasts from late May until August, attracting photographers to Hue, former seat of Nguyen Dynasty, the last royal family to rule the country from 1802 to 1945.
The peaceful landscape of La Chu Village with a pink lotus field on one side and a golden, harvestable rice paddy on the other.
Local residents grow lotus flowers from April to July and harvest them after 30 days.
Old lotus flowers are brought ashore for their seeds to be split and sold to traders for making tea.
In Hue, near-blooming lotus flowers are also used to make tea since they retain their essence in the bud.
Kelvin Long, a native of Hue, who shot the photos said at the end of May, lotuses here enter full bloom. In addition to the familiar lotus ponds within the iconic Hue Imperial Citadel, visitors can find others in suburbs like Huong Tra and Huong Thuy towns and Quang Dien District.
Lotus season provides photographers an extra income, with women posing in ao dai (the traditional Vietnamese long dress) against the pink backdrop.
This photo was taken in Quang Dien Commune, around 27 kilometers from downtown Hue.
In Quang Loi Commune, pink lotuses are mainly grown for their seeds and flowers. Fresh unpeeled lotus seeds are sold for VND45,000-50,000 ($1.94-2.16) a kilogram, with prices rising to VND55,000 a kilo by the end of the harvest.
In addition to pink lotuses, Hue is famous for white lotus flowers, which can be found at Tinh Tam Lake, a famous attraction in Hue and close to the tomb of King Minh Mang, the second Nguyen ruler, reigning from 1820 to 1839.
Pink and white lotuses are typically used to worship Buddha.
- Why The 2020 Lotus Evora GT Feels Like A Uniquely Futuristic Relic
- Spring Is the Best Season for Rom-Coms
- Travellers on a budget, here are shoulder season destinations for you in India and abroad
- It's local artists over DJs at weddings this shaadi season
- Airlines add more seats for Tet flights
- Jr NTR To Host Bigg Boss Telugu Season 4? Here's What We Know
- BJP’s 1st government in Manipur: Lotus continues to bloom in Northeast India
- What Strategist Readers are Buying: Flight Attendant Jumpsuits and Blooming Dolls
- A Christmas miracle! Spending expert shares genius tips to help YOU save money this festive season - as FEMAIL unveils the ultimate gift guide so you can find the perfect present for everyone on your list
- New Apex Legends Update Is Live: Adds Level Cap Increase, Wattson Improvements
- Local airlines add more seats for Tet flights
- THE BEST SHOW ON TV IS
- How To Prepare Kaju Flower At Home
- Hot in 2012: Mirror columnists predict next year's trends in film, TV, sport, music, travel, soaps, celebs, fashion, technology, books and cars
- 'He was a sexual outlaw': my love affair with Robert Mapplethorpe
- How Instagram Filters Work, And Can You Tell the Difference?
- Best Plants To Grow In Monsoon
- How to Set Up and Use Your Samsung SmartThings System
- Go blue: 11 kitchen and home product picks inspired by Pantone's 2020 Color of the Year
- The 100 Greatest
Blooming lotus season adds charm to Hue have 559 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at May 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.