A shopping mall operated by Vincom Retail in HCMC's Binh Thanh District. Photo by Shutterstock/David Bokuchava.
The company's Q1 revenues increased 32 percent year-on-year to VND2.2 trillion, it said in its financial statement.
Income from leasing activities (rents at retail malls) accounted for 77 percent of the total revenue.
It claims to have served 36.8 million visitors in its shopping malls in the first quarter, a 360 percent surge over the same period last year.
Many brands have opened new stores in its Vincom shopping malls in Q1, including fashion brand Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), jewelry brand Pandora and Chinese hot-pot chain Haidilao. This is an indicator that the retail industry is reviving as the pandemic is contained, the company said.
It currently operates 80 shopping malls in 43 cities and provinces with an approximate floor area of 1.7 million square meters.
- Gap's profits surge after company cuts costs, retools product strategy
- Costco's profits surge
- H&M posts first quarterly profit rise in over two years
- H&M shares surge after first quarterly profit rise in two years
- Commentary: 3 reasons Forever 21’s bankruptcy doesn't spell the end of brick-and-mortar retailing
- Sour bite to Apple profits
- Tesla sets deliveries record while falling short of Elon Musk’s mark
- Abu Dhabi invests $7.5B in Citigroup, stocks surge
- Profits tumble for owner of Victoria's Secret chain
- Christmas surge provides retailers with happy holiday and profits boost
- Dow hurtles past 14,000 for new record high
- US jobless rate rises to 4-year high of 5.7 pct
- Stocks surge on tame inflation data
- Wall Street layoffs could surge past 200,000
- Lenovo Q2 2018: Revenues surge, Motorola breaks even
- From bailed-out to makin' bank: JPMorgan Chase sees profits skyrocket
- We're back to shopping - a bit: December retail sales show signs of life
- Private sector seeks to profit by detaining migrant kid
- Some Good News: Aston Martin Had A Record Sales Year In 2017
- Vodafone NZ profit drops to NZ$39m
Vincom Retail records 58.7 pct profit surge have 302 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.