HCM City (VNS/VNA) – Dat Bike, a Vietnamese technology start-up that plans to make electric motorbikes, has raised 2.6 million USD in a pre-series A funding from Singapore's Jungle Ventures , Wavemaker Partners , Hustle Fund, and iSeed Ventures.
Electric motorbikes are usually weak and have a low range, delivering only half the performance of a petrol bike.
But Dat Bike claims its Weaver can rival petrol bikes in power and range, its 5,000W motor helps accelerate from 0 to 50km/h in just three seconds, its charging time is the fastest in the country at just under three hours, and its brake mechanism is tailored to the traffic situation in Vietnam.
Song Nguyen, founder and CEO of Dat Bike, said: "We want to transform the 250 million gasoline bikes in Southeast Asia into electric vehicles. We believe that if given a choice everyone would pick electric over gas. It is just that the current electric motorbikes in the market lag behind in power and range, making it difficult for people to make the switch.
"The fresh funds will allow us to continue to innovate and create the most compelling electric motorbikes for Southeast Asia and the world."
Amit Anand, founding partner of Jungle Ventures, said: "This investment in Dat Bike marks our first investment in the mobility sector which is rapidly getting transformed by technology. The 25 billion USD two-wheeler industry in Southeast Asia in particular is ripe for reaping benefits of new developments in electric vehicles and automation.
"We believe that Dat Bike will lead this charge and create a new benchmark not just in the region but potentially globally for what the next generation of two-wheeler electric vehicles will look and perform like."
The Weaver can be bought on the company's website and physical store in Ho Chi Minh City. It costs 39.9 million USD./.
- Sports Vietnam fans will enjoy live Champions League after all Foreign doctors learn from Vietnamese
- Sports New martial arts gain popularity in Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City seeks $92mn loan from state funds for metro
- Sports French-born tennis player dreams new career with Vietnamese nationality Houses, shops block sidewalks in Hanoi
- Lifestyle U.S., N.Korea flags fly in Vietnam’s Son Doong cave ahead of Trump-Kim summit Vietnamese bugbears
- Mahindra GenZe Electric Scooters India Launch On The Cards
- Dyson's electric car venture to be three-part
Vietnamese electric motorbike start-up gets foreign funding have 398 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.