In the wake of rising coronavirus cases, the Telangana government on Tuesday imposed a night curfew with immediate effect from 9pm to 5am till April 30. Under the new guidelines, all government and private offices, firms, shops, establishments, restaurants will have to shut down at 8pm. Only essential services, including hospitals, pharmacies, petrol pumps and diagnostic laboratories, have been allowed to function.
Schools and colleges are already shut and the state government has cancelled SSC or Class 10 board exams and postponed class 12 board examinations.
Here's all You Need to Know as the state imposes fresh night curbs to contain the spread of the virus:
-Night curfew starting April 20 to May 1 from 9pm to 5am
-Non-essential services to be wrapped up by 8pm. Movement of people shall be prohibited from 9pm onwards
-All government offices, private medical personnel, nursing staff etc will be allowed to step out only after producing a valid identity card
-Persons coming/going to airports, railway stations, bus stands will be allowed to move around on production of valid ticket
-There will be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement/transportation of essential and non-essential goods. No separate permission/pass will be required
-Public transport services including autos and taxis will be allowed to function within stipulated time for transportation of essential services/medical services during the period of night curfew
Essential Services That Remains Open
-Print and electronic media
-Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services
-Delivery of all goods through e-commerce
-Petrol pumps, CNG, LPG, gas outlets
-Power generation, transmission and distribution
-Water supply & sanitation
-Cold storage and warehouse services
-Private security services
The government said any violation of rules would invite strict actions under the purview of Disaster Management Act 2005. Those not wearing masks will be penalised Rs 1,000.
- Hyderabad encounter: People shout 'Telangana Police Zindabad', shower rose petals on cops
- If the accused were trying to escape then, I stand with Telangana police: Gautam Gambhir
- Hyderabad encounter: Some hail Telangana Police, some ask if incidents of rape will stop now
- Karnataka political crisis: Section 144 imposed in Bengaluru - here's all you need to know
- Hyderabad gang rape and murder case: Fast-track court to be set up in Mahabubnagar
- Female staff not to work in night shift: Telangana CM’s controversial statement
- Hyderabad vet rape-murder case: Victim's family thanks police
- Female staffs not to work in night shift: Telangana CM’s controversial statement
- Telangana BJP MLA booked for hurting religious sentiments
- 144 to be imposed in Hyderabad from Dec 5 to 7
- UP and Delhi Police should take inspiration from Telangana cops: Mayawati on Hyderabad encounter
- Trupti Desai Detained From Outside Telangana CMs Residence Property
- Aspiring actress, 19, obsessed with her image on social media hanged herself in wardrobe five days after mental health medics deemed her 'no longer in crisis'
- Cyclone Idai could be the deadliest tropical cyclone to hit Africa. Here's what you need to know
- Winter Session LIVE: P Chidamabaram to attend Rajya Sabha today
- 68% Women Want 'Death Penalty' In Rape Cases, 70% Men Extend Support: Survey
- Mother whose son, 16, vanished 23 years ago admits finding his remains would be 'infinitely better' than the purgatory of never knowing what happened to him
- Facial recognition: Feature creep may impose government's software in our lives, expert warns
- Hyderabad Rape Case Encounter: Hina Khan, Nia Sharma, Shrenu Parikh & Other TV Actors React
- Your space: With day-night matches, Test in ‘pink’ of health, say Pune residents
Telangana Imposes Night Curfew from Today as Covid-19 Cases Surge. All You Need to Know have 559 words, post on www.news18.com at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.