A court in southern An Giang Province sentenced two men to death on Thursday for trafficking almost 40kg of drugs from Cambodia to Vietnam in May last year.
According to the indictment, the task force of the guard station at the Long Binh border gate in An Giang noticed An Ngoc Ha, a 36-year-old man from northern Ha Nam Province, 21-year-old Nguyen Duc Tai hailing from northern Hai Phong City, and another person named Ngao boarding a motorized boat carrying suspicious black plastic bags from Cambodia to Vietnam at around 8:10 pm on May 8, 2020.
When the functional force tried to approach the trio, they quickly got on a coach to reach Tan Khanh Hamlet, where they were picked up by a seven-seater car rented by Ngao to An Phu District.
The three people left the black plastic bags behind and got off the car at Dong Ky Market in Quoc Thai Commune to run away.
The functional force managed to catch Ha and Tai, while Ngao managed to escape.
Ha and Tai later admitted that the six black plastic bags in the car contained 40 packs of narcotics, which they had been hired to transport from Cambodia to Ho Chi Minh City.
The 40 packs of narcotics were later confirmed to be methamphetamine and weigh 39.71kg in total.
Legal procedures were launched against Ha and Tai on May 15, 2020.
- After Suggesting 2018 Election About ‘Law and Order,’ Trump Touts Weaker Penalties for Drug Traffickers
- What's behind mobster Whitey Bulger's death?
- Any allegation of fighting for ISIS can lead to a death sentence in Iraq
- Mom caught selling her 3 young children during Corpus Christi drug investigation
- The Latest: Man who killed 5 cyclists gets 40 year sentence
- 'Sopranos' actor sentenced to 10 years
Men sentenced to death for trafficking nearly 40kg of drugs from Cambodia to Vietnam have 296 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at April 2, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.