The President also called for efforts to boost the equal distribution of COVID-19 vaccines as well as concerted efforts from the D-8 in rebuilding the global economy. In order to facilitate trade within the D-8, trade barriers must be minimised, he said.
Widodo emphasised the need to develop digital technology and artificial intelligence, saying that in the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, D-8 member states should utilise these trends to keep up with robust changes in the world.
He stressed the importance of investing in the D-8's young population, which totals around 323 million people, or 27.3 percent of the total population.
The D-8 is an organisation for development cooperation among Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Turkey./.
- China Plays ‘Fight the Landlord’ to Tame Hong Kong
- Fears for more tsunamis after hundreds killed in Indonesia
- Indonesia braces for more violence after law-change protests
- U.S. Navy's new $13B aircraft carrier can't fight
- Indonesia protests endanger president's pledge of tough reforms
- Commentary: So much for eradicating corruption in Indonesia
Indonesia calls on D-8 to play a part in fighting COVID-19, pushing economic recovery have 210 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.