A view of the Hoa Sen steel plant . Photo by VnExpress/Thuy Dung.
Its revenues were worth VND4.5 trillion, a 42 percent rise from the previous month.
It attributed the increase in profits and revenues to the fact that Lunar New Year holidays ( Tet ) had ended in February and did not affect March sales.
In the first half of the 2020-21 fiscal year, which started on October 1, it reported profits of VND1.4 trillion on revenues of VND19.9 trillion, equivalent to 94 percent and 60 percent of the targets for the full year.
Mirae Asset Securities Vietnam estimated sales of VND38 trillion for the year, up 38 percent from 2019-20.
Its HSG share closed at VND31,550 on Thursday.
According to the Vietnam Steel Association, in 2020, Hoa Sen was the leading steel sheet manufacturer with a 34 percent market share. It also accounted for 17 percent of the galvanized steel pipe market, behind only the country's biggest producer of construction steel, Hoa Phat Group.
Hoa Sen also remained the third largest manufacturer of plastic pipes.
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway reports a $12B 2Q profit
- Sotheby’s Reports 16 Percent Increase in Sales in 2018
- Exxon, Chevron report sharply higher 4Q profit on tax gains
- 'Making a mockery' National Lottery blasted as profits rocket but chance of winning slumps
- Why are the Clintons hawking a seedy, Soros-backed for-profit college corporation?
- Communist blitzkrieg down coast makes Saigon increasingly jittery
Hoa Sen reports 217 pct increase in profits have 225 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.