Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son phoned his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Photo: Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
The information was unveiled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs following phone calls between the two FMs on April 28.
Lavrov congratulated Son on his appointment as Foreign Minister of Vietnam at a recent National Assembly session, and expressed his belief with his wealth of experience Son will continue to lead Vietnam's diplomacy to new success, effectively realizing the country's foreign policy.
The Russian diplomat highly valued Vietnam's recent foreign achievements, including successfully assuming its role as ASEAN Chairman in 2020 and a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for 2020 – 2021.
For his part, FM Bui Thanh Son expressed his delight at the positive development of the Vietnam – Russia relations over the years, affirming that Vietnam always attaches great importance to the comprehensive strategic partnership with the Russian Federation.
Russia is one of the most important partners of Vietnam in its foreign policy, stressed Son.
He congratulated Russia on its success in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, especially in research and production of coronavirus vaccines for disease prevention.
He noted that despite the COVID-19 pandemic, both sides have maintained the exchange of high-level contacts, contributing to promoting bilateral cooperation in all fields.
The two ministers exchanged views on bilateral cooperation between the two countries and two ministries, as well as their coordination at multilateral forums, including the United Nations Security Council and ASEAN.
They expressed their desires to promote implementation of activities within the framework of the Vietnam – Russia and Russia-Vietnam Year in 2021.
Minister Son thanked Russia for supporting Vietnam during the latter's ASEAN Chairmanship Year in 2020, as well as in taking the role of a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council for 2020-2021. He voiced Vietnam's readiness to work closely with Russia and other ASEAN countries to successfully organize activities to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the ASEAN-Russia relations this year.
- Thanh Hoa win V.League’s south central derby
- Russia World Cup 2018 squad guide: Latest group news and updates
- Kim Jong Un’s sister begins unprecedented South Korea visit
- The Latest: US lawmaker says UK bomb showed ‘sophistication’
- The Latest: Israel offers Belgium anti-terror expertise
- The Latest: Officials: Paris bombmaker among Brussels dead
- Australia's spy agencies targeted Indonesian president's mobile phone
- Caroline Glick: Time to Leave the Iran Deal
- New U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo arrives in Brussels to meet NATO allies
- North Korea nuclear test: Hydrogen bomb 'missile-ready'
- What has President Trump said about your country?
- The Latest: Bahamas probes Brussels attacker's nationality
- The Latest: US lawmaker: Were bombers targeting Americans?
- The Latest: Brussels Airport to stay closed until Saturday
- The Latest: Family fears for US couple missing since attacks
- NSA files – Indonesia president calls for explanation from Australia – live
- Will Prince William leave Prince Harry's wedding to watch the FA Cup final?
- John Kerry says D-Day 75 especially important because 'Europe is challenged' and 'people are pulling at institutions' - as he and Pelosi steer clear of talking about Trump at American ceremony
- Week in Wrestling: Kevin Nash on Diesel; creation of Undertaker; Gobbledy Gooker speaks
Foreign Minister Bui Thanh Son to visit Russia have 539 words, post on dtinews.vn at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.