Vietnam has five data center systems meeting Uptime Tier 3 standards, but this is the first time a data center in Vietnam has met Uptime Tier 3 standards in both design and construction.
The launching ceremony for the EcoData Center. Photo: Trong Dat
HTC International Telecommunication Joint Stock Company (HTC-ITC) has officially put into operation its Eco Data Center in Hanoi-based Lang – Hoa Lac high-tech Park. This is the first data center in Vietnam that meets Uptime Tier 3 standards in both design and construction-operation.
Uptime Tier 3 is the 3rd level on the Uptime Institute’s four-level scale for rating data centers.
To achieve this standard, a data center system must ensure uptime of 99.982% or more and downtime of not more than 1.6 hours per year.
In addition, this system must be capable of operating for up to 72 consecutive hours in case of a blackout.
To meet the strict standards of Uptime Institute, the Eco Data Center has all infrastructure equipment provided by two strategic partners, Delta and Arista.
The data center uses an in-row cooling system. This is the first unit in Vietnam using this energy saving technology, which can control the cooling temperature of each server.
This data center costs about VND100 billion (nearly $5 million). The system has been completed with 6 box-type data centers, with a total of 150 racks. The EcoDC will officially start operating in April.
Speaking at this event, Deputy Minister of Information and Communications Nguyen Huy Dung said that the launch of the EcoDC data center is a steady step in the process of digital transformation in Vietnam.
In the National Digital Transformation program, the Ministry of Information and Communications determined that Vietnam must develop digital infrastructure, including broadband telecommunications infrastructure, cloud computing, and electronic identification and authentication. Vietnam is also realizing the goal that each citizen must have a smartphone, and each household an Internet fiber optic cable connection.
The most fundamental differences between telecom and digital infrastructure are data centers and cloud computing platforms that make IT a service accessible to everyone.
- ICO Recommends Refresh Existing Consents Now If They Don’t Meet The GDPR Standard
- In-depth diversity study needed before changes are made to ABA bar exam standard, some experts say
- Should the ABA change bar passage standards for law schools?
- Understanding the Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018 and Bracing for Impact
- Plan to Build More Family Detention Centers Would Cost Billions
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Proposes Significant Changes to Medicare Part D Program’s Administration
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service (CMS) Medicare Medical Loss Ratio Final Rule Creates New Obligations and Risks
- Aadhaar[Day 22]: SC Expresses Concern Over Security Of Data And Abuse Of Authentication Records
- CMS Proposes Major Update of Home Health Agency Conditions of Participation Focusing on Care and Quality Standards
- Department of Labor Issues Proposed Rule Requiring Contractors to Submit Pay Data (79 Fed. Reg. 46562)
- EPA Proposes Smog Standards to Safeguard Americans from Air Pollution
- Civil Society Releases Draft Model Law On Privacy And Data Protection; Launches Community Project, #SaveOurPrivacy
- Final Policies on Encounter Data and Star Ratings Released
- EPA Issues Revised PM2.5 Ambient Air Quality Standards
- FDA Hosts Public Meeting on Off-Label Communications
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) issues “US Government Cloud Computing Technology Roadmap”
- Federal Regulators Unveil Proposed Cybersecurity Standards for Large Financial Firms
- Kansas AG argues no right to voter data privacy in federal court
- The New European Cloud Partnership and UK ICO Guidance on Personal Data and Cloud Computing
- Dangerous Waters in Safe Harbor: EU-U.S. Safe Harbor for Data Transfer is Safe No More
First data center meets two Uptime Tier 3 standards have 577 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.