Panaji: Goa imposed a 10-day-long night curfew in the state announcing fresh restrictions and curbs on restaurants, cinema halls and casinos in the wake of rising COVID-19 cases, the Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said after chairing a high-level meeting.
The curfew will be effective from 10 pm to 6 am and will come into effect from Wednesday (April 21) and remain in operation till April 30.
The state government will review the situation and take a call on their extension, CM Sawant said. The meeting was attended by Health Minister Vishwajit Rane and Revenue Minister Jeniffer Monserratte.
Sawant said during the night curfew only commercial vehicles transporting essential goods would be allowed to ply. Public will not be allowed to be on the road during the curfew.
Petrol pumps, pharmacies and other essential services will remain open during the curfew hours.
While, religious places have been barred from organising mass gatherings but they can continue performing rituals with limited people.
Wedding functions cannot have more than 50 guests and only up to 20 people can attend funerals.
Though, casinos, bars, restaurants, river cruises, water parks, entertainment parks, cinema theatres, gyms and parlours will operate only at 50 per cent capacity.
Further, the upcoming Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education for Class 10 and Class 12 has been postponed. The board will inform students about the new dates 15 days in advance.
Chief minister Sawant said schools and colleges would be closed except for holding online examinations.
- COVID-19: School principals not in favour of postponing board exams
- Italy Imposing Night Curfew, Other Coronavirus Restrictions
- Spain Becomes COVID-19 Hotspot Again — But Why?
- Australia Gradually Eases Its Toughest COVID-19 Lockdown in Melbourne
- WNBA Postpones Minnesota Lynx-Seattle Storm Playoff Game Due To Inconclusive COVID-19 Test Results
- CM Mamata Banerjee takes major decision for class 10, 12 West Bengal board exams; what students should know
- CBSE Class 10, 12 board exams to be held earlier than expected in 2021? What students should know
- Italy imposes nationwide curfew and bans travel to hard-hit regions as infection levels soar
- Britain records nearly 4,000 new Covid-19 cases in highest daily total since MAY - but lack of testing at peak of crisis means resurgence of the disease is likely nowhere near levels seen during first wave in March and April
- The red sea of virus: Only Luton, Wolverhampton, and Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly saw Covid-19 infection rates drop last week, Public Health England surveillance report reveals
- Britain records 492 Covid-19 deaths in highest daily toll since May - but new infections are up just 1.9% on last week with 25,177
- US sets single-day record of registering more than 100,000 fresh Covid-19 cases
- U.S. records more than 129,000 COVID-19 infections - the highest-ever recorded in a single day and the third day in a row new cases have surpassed 100,000
- Spain Covid-19 death toll passes 40,000
- Newark Mayor Says Spike In COVID-19 Cases Due To Parties, Sports And Public Transportation
- COVID-19 | Four Italian regions, including Milan, put under lockdown
- Fresno Mayor-Elect Jerry Dyer COVID-19 Positive After Attending Election Night Party
- Testing chief admits mass-swabbing scheme in Liverpool will NOT spot every Covid-19 patient but CBI president hails the army-backed scheme as 'first true chink of light' to escape tough curbs
- Fresno's mayor-elect has COVID-19 after attending party
- Donald Trump tests positive for COVID-19 — live updates
COVID-19: Goa imposes night curfew and curbs, postpones board exams have 558 words, post on zeenews.india.com at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.