The Thong Nhat Speed Cup this year will take place at Thong Nhat Stadium in HCM City on April 22-24.
|Athlete Le Tu Chinh will compete at the upcoming Speed Cup. Photo plo.vn|
The event is expected to lure top national athletes such as SEA Games champion Le Tu Chinh, Khuat Phuong Anh, Phan Van Hoang, Nguyen Thi Ngoc, and Le Ngoc Phuc.
Participants will compete in 31 categories for men and women.
The 23-year-old athlete Chinh of HCM City is considered the ‘Queen of Speed’ in Southeast Asia as she won two gold medals in the women's 100m and 200m at the 2017 SEA Games and defended her gold medal in the 100m at the Games 2019.
At the National Athletics Championship last year, Chinh won five gold medals and is expected to continue to shine at the Speed Cup.
With the goal of earning a spot at the Tokyo Olympics, Quach Cong Lich, Quach Thi Lan and their teammates in the 400m group will travel to Poland to attend the 2021 IAAF World Relays which is scheduled to take place on May 1 – 2 so they will miss the Speed Cup.
The 2021 IAAF World Relays is the last chance for the Vietnamese team to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics. Previously, the Vietnamese 4x400m mixed relay team won a gold medal at the SEA Games 30 with a time of 3:19.50, making them 17th in the world.
To qualify for Japan, the 400m running team will have to be among the top 16 teams.
To prepare for the event in Poland, the Vietnamese team have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
They will leave for Poland on April 29.
- HCM City export processing zones need revamp as FDI drops
- Reggae Girlz can show Jamaica is more than just athletics at World Cup
- Hotel in Russian World Cup host city Rostov-on-Don evacuated
- Athletics-Rodgers speeds to year's fastest 100 metres
- Asian Games: Vietnamese track and field athletes ready to seek golds
- Ho Chi Minh City bolsters tourism ties with Binh Thuan, Lam Dong
- Trí and Huy to compete for Japanese futsal club
- Sergio Aguero may press charges against a fan after a chaotic end to an FA Cup match
- No Drowning Your Sorrows: Indonesia Bans Alcohol at Athletes' Villages
- Barnet and Oldham are toast of FA Cup after shock wins
- Iceland’s goalkeeper directed a Coca-Cola commercial for the World Cup and made brilliant use of the country’s ‘SKOL’ rallying cry
- Wrestling tournament for young athletes held in Tuyen Quang
- World Cup: Nigeria reboot with 2-0 win over Iceland
- Football: Five-star Man City rout Burnley in FA Cup as Shrewsbury scare Wolves
- Football: Tunisia aiming to progress past World Cup group stage, says defender Benalouane
- Here’s when today’s 2018 FIFA World Cup starts where you live — and how you can watch it live online
- The World Cup final’s unconventional start time
- Jordan Pickford reshaping opinions of English goalies at World Cup
- Indonesia pins hopes for gold on these shining athletes: The list
- Athletes at Hachioji World Cup get taste of 2020 Olympics
Athletes to compete in Speed Cup in HCM City have 488 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.