The Thong Nhat Speed Cup this year will take place at Thong Nhat Stadium in HCM City on April 22-24.
|Athlete Le Tu Chinh will compete at the upcoming Speed Cup. Photo plo.vn|
The event is expected to lure top national athletes such as SEA Games champion Le Tu Chinh, Khuat Phuong Anh, Phan Van Hoang, Nguyen Thi Ngoc, and Le Ngoc Phuc.
Participants will compete in 31 categories for men and women.
The 23-year-old athlete Chinh of HCM City is considered the ‘Queen of Speed’ in Southeast Asia as she won two gold medals in the women's 100m and 200m at the 2017 SEA Games and defended her gold medal in the 100m at the Games 2019.
At the National Athletics Championship last year, Chinh won five gold medals and is expected to continue to shine at the Speed Cup.
With the goal of earning a spot at the Tokyo Olympics, Quach Cong Lich, Quach Thi Lan and their teammates in the 400m group will travel to Poland to attend the 2021 IAAF World Relays which is scheduled to take place on May 1 – 2 so they will miss the Speed Cup.
The 2021 IAAF World Relays is the last chance for the Vietnamese team to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics. Previously, the Vietnamese 4x400m mixed relay team won a gold medal at the SEA Games 30 with a time of 3:19.50, making them 17th in the world.
To qualify for Japan, the 400m running team will have to be among the top 16 teams.
To prepare for the event in Poland, the Vietnamese team have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
They will leave for Poland on April 29.
- HCM City hospitals respond positively to call for reducing plastic waste
- Industrial Parks in Binh Tan District in HCM City: Always For Investors’ Sake
- HCM City to host int'l bartender competition
- HCM City–Singapore air route one of the busiest in Vietnam
- Int'l cafe show to debut in HCM City
- Vinashin's luxury cruise ship docks in HCM City
- Russians Told to Shower Together as Water Shortages Hit World Cup Host City
- Taxi Driver Who Hit Pedestrians in World Cup Host City Says He Was Overworked
- Man City star could be set to swap national teams!
- Athletics World Cup: Beth Dobbin & Lorraine Ugen named in GB team
- HCM intensifies efforts to complete socio-economic development goals
- Will popularity of Megan Rapinoe, U.S. women’s World Cup team boost NWSL, women’s sports?
- Beth Dobbin eyes medals after sprinting into GB athletics limelight
- Vietnam’s No 1 player enters FIDE World Cup’s third round
- Dire in Doha: world championships ‘catastrophe’ leaves athletics reeling | Sean Ingle
- Kuwait face exclusion from Asian Cup if FIFA ban remains
- A Singaporean's journey through Russia for the World Cup
- World Cup: Brazil 1 Belgium 2
- France seal spot in 2018 World Cup final
- Boyce finishes sixth in Doha as organisers accused of treating athletes like 'idiots'
Athletes to compete in Speed Cup in HCM City have 468 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at April 9, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.