Alcohol-related traffic accidents with casualties had dropped by more than 20,000 in the 10 years since China criminalised drunk driving in 2011, compared with the 2000 to 2010 period.
The decline is significant, given that the total number of motor vehicles across China rose by 181 million and that of drivers by 259 million over the past decade.
Liu Yupeng, deputy head of the traffic management bureau under the Ministry of Public Security, released the figures on Wednesday while elaborating on how criminalizing drunk driving has led to lower incidence rates of such behavior.
Following the move, designated driver services have also flourished in China, with the number of orders for such services hitting an annual average of nearly 200 million, statistics showed.
- Coronavirus drives down German traffic deaths, bicycle deaths up
- Drink driving e-scooter rider, 20, is banned from the roads for two years after jumping a red light and nearly crashing into police car while almost three times the limit
- Dad who had finally fulfilled his dream of becoming a father dies in ‘silly tragic accident’ as his canoe overturned only four months after his baby was born, inquest hears
- State sees sharp drop in road accident fatalities
- Dramatic satellite footage shows 'notable drop' in air pollution over Italy after coronavirus lockdown restricts transport and industrial activity
- Polish butcher, 26, 'on patrol for an opportunity' raped and murdered student Libby Squire, 21, before dumping her body in a river after finding her 'drunk' and 'crying' on roadside and driving her to park, court hears
- Death of the rush-hour: Home workers fuel 35% fall in congestion during morning and evening peak times - as interactive graphic reveals how much traffic volumes shrank in 25 UK cities in 2020
- National Road Safety Month launched
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 11
- Up to three inches of snow fell over parts of UK leaving villages 'cut off' after the Met Office warned of road closures and power cuts - before torrential rain sweeps in next week
- Met Office issues AMBER warning for 'heavy Snow' across the South East with up to four inches due from 3am - after England woke to COLDEST morning of winter at -11.8C with widespread travel chaos
- Conquering Mount Everest: High hopes and broken dreams
- We can vaccinate ALL teachers, say schools: Heads send Boris a plan for huge seven-day operation to inoculate one million staff during February half term to get schools open within a few weeks
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson blames Chinese for coronavirus pandemic telling world leaders it was triggered by 'demented' people who 'grind up the scales of a pangolin' in bid to become more 'potent'
- Iconic Presidential Photos From The Year You Were Born
- Guilty: Truckers Who Killed Eight When They Sandwiched a Minibus Face Jail
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 12
- Mayor's summer road warning after a decade spent towing crash wrecks
- EXCLUSIVE: Katie Price's fans claim she and boyfriend Carl Woods have breached car regulations as her son Jett, 7, appears without a child seat or safety belt in social media clip
- 1 dies in Osun road crash – FRSC
Alcohol-related traffic accidents drop after China criminalise drunk driving have 497 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.