The film festival website said: “As a suspense movie, it is absolutely riveting. It has a carefully crafted script and good tempo. We were impressed by how they managed to place so many events inside a film of its scale.”
The ABC TV Awards are given by Asahi Television Broadcasting Corporation to the most entertaining film at the annual festival.
‘Chi Chi Em Em’ will be shown on Japanese television later this month and has been paid ¥1 million ($9,192) as the TV broadcast right.
‘Chi Chi Em Em’ poster at the Osaka Asian Film Festival. Photo courtesy of Muse Film.
Uyen, thrilled to win the award, said however she was not too surprised because her movie had earlier been chosen for the A Window on Asian Cinema section at the Busan International Film Festival last October, and won a lot of appreciation.
“I want to tell a new story with a lot of surprises.”
She plans to make psychological thriller movies, a genre not common in Vietnam.
‘Chi Chi Em Em’ is about a rich talk show host who offers a room in her opulent home to a young woman whom she knows through her show despite opposition from her husband.
It later forces her to face her darkest secrets and her husband’s sin.
The movie, rated 18+, released in December 2019 and collected VND71 billion ($3.05 million).
- Sony World Photography Awards 2019: The Best Picture from Each Country
- Tribeca Film Festival in New York to showcase Shreveport filmmakers
- For many, ‘Green Book’ win was a confounding Oscar climax
- Spike to the System: The ‘Chi-Raq’ Director Talks Racism, Money, and the Oscars
- State Fair accepting submissions for 3rd annual Drone Film Festival
- Musical icon: Tony Award winner Lea Salonga to perform at Popejoy
Vietnam’s "Chi Chi Em Em" wins award at Japan film festival have 284 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at March 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.