The decision was made during a teleconference between the Vietnamese Embassy in the US and the US Department of State, Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), and the CDC.
Representatives of the CDC and the HHS praised the Vietnamese Government's efforts in the fight against the acute respiratory disease caused by SARS-CoV-2, saying monitoring, quarantine and treatment have been carried out comprehensively in the country.
The CDC said it plans to dispatch a delegation to Vietnam in the second half of March in order to enhance medical cooperation between the two countries and accelerate the establishment of a CDC office in the Southeast Asian nation.
The HHS also affirmed its willingness to consider helping Vietnam with more equipment in service of the epidemic combat.
Regarding regional collaboration, the US side expressed its wish to step up cooperation with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in epidemic control, which is also expected to be tabled for discussion at the ASEAN-US Summit slated for March 14 in Las Vegas.
Over the past time, apart from authorities, many US firms have also shown their interest in promoting medical collaboration with Vietnam.
According to the US-ASEAN Business Council, among a delegation of more than 40 US enterprises to visit Vietnam from March 3-6, there are about 20 specialising in health care and pharmaceutical products.
- Mobile Attacks Top the List of 2013 Security Threats
- Contagious Viruses Spread at Dog Parks: Even in Cold Weather
- Critical Java updates fix 19 vulnerabilities, disable SSL 3.0
- Fizzer worm spreading
- Champion security best practices as a community service
- SolutionBase: Cisco Security Agent can offer potent protection to vulnerable systems
- Vulnerable medical devices: A clear and present danger
- Skin diseases: List of common conditions and symptoms
- The 4 most insecure areas of online behavior
- Grindr vulnerability places men in harm's way
- 175 U.S. patents prove that geoengineering and weather control technologies are REAL… see the list here
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- The Luxe List: Holiday Gift Picks 2016
- Lotus position: IBM kills the name, but software and founders live on
- Coronaviruses: Symptoms, Treatments and Variants
- Pandemics: Past, Present and Future
- Code Security: MidAmerican Energy's top priority after SQL injection attacks
- Google warns of Android flaw used to gain root access to devices
- 10 Businesses That Benefit From a Hurricane
- PTSD Epidemic- Personal Look
US removes Vietnam from list of areas vulnerable to community spread of SARS-CoV-19 have 368 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at March 11, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.