Hanoi (VNA) – Ngo Quy Dang, considered as the "golden student" in mathematics of the High School for the Gifted of Natural Sciences, the University of Natural Sciences, was selected as one of the 2020 ten promising young talents by the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union Central Committee.
The year 2020 was special to Ngo Quy Dang (a student at the High School for the Gifted of Natural Sciences, the University of Natural Sciences, the Hanoi National University) when he became the first 10 th grader qualified to become a member of the selected team for the International Mathematics Olympiad, which is often for 12 th graders. "This has never happened before," said Le Cong Loi, Principal of the High School for the Gifted of Natural Sciences.
Ngo Quy Dang even won the gold medal. His achievement has created a milestone in the history of Vietnam's Mathematic Olympiad.
According to Associate Professor Le Anh Vinh, Deputy Director of the Vietnam Institute of Educational Research, right from the secondary level, Ngo Quy Dang has been a familiar name known by many people in the Vietnamese mathematical sector. The gold medal at the International Mathematics Olympiad continues to be another achievement the outstanding student has made. Before that, he had won many awards in domestic and international competitions. They include the first prize in math in the Hanoi City Competition for excellent sudents in grade 9. In grade 8, Dang won the gold medal in the international group of the Hanoi Open Mathematics Competition (HOMC), a gold medal in the Young Math Talent Compettion, and the national champion in the Kangaroo International Math Competition.
When he was a seventh grader, Ngo Quy Dang won the gold medal of the International Math and Science Competition in Indonesia, the first prize of the 38 th Autumn International Mathematics Competition, the national champion of the International Kangaroo Math Competition, a gold medal and a silver medal at the Singapore Math Competition. When he was at grade sixth, Dang won a silver medal in the Singapore International Math Competition and a silver medal in the Malaysia International Math Competition.
Humorous and multi- talented young student
Not only good at math, Dang also achieved many achievements in the subject of English language with the consolation prize of the pupil group in the 2nd National English Olympiad for pupils and students in 2018, a silver medal in the English Olympiad on the Internet for high school students (IOE) at the national level for the 2016-2017 school year.
"What surprises many people even more is that Ngo Quy Dang is also a very charming, witty and funny MC on the school stage," said Mr. Le Cong Loi, Principal of High School for the Gifted in Science. Loi said he was very proud of his student.
According to Vu Nhu Nguyet, teacher of Dang's class, Dang is very funny, proactive student. He enthusiastically participates in all activities in class.
With his wit, Dang as a cheerleader makes the atmosphere more vibrant, Nguyet said, adding that as a good student with a reputation at school, Dang is, however, very sociable and humble, sincere and open.
He is also an active student, enthusiastic in general activities and a responsible person,” Ms. Nguyet said happily about her student.
With his achievements, Dang was selected as one of the 20 outstanding young people of the third Vietnam Young Talent Congress. He was also honored to receive the Second-class Labor Order from the President and became one of the 10 promising young talents of Vietnam in 2021./.
- Pakistani student wins Chinese video language talent competition
- Vietnamese logistics in high need of young talent
- University clearing 2020: promise of flexibility on grades for admissions
- IPL 2020 | ‘What a talent’: KKR coach Brendon McCullum earmarks young India batsman for leadership role
- 2020 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second Round predictions
- BTEC students are promised their results by the end of next week as last minute delay causes 'frustration and uncertainty' for 850,000 - as officials say NO grades will go down
- Growing cost of A-level climbdown: Top universities demand cash to cope with influx of students and call for medical studies cap to be lifted while ministers face £140m bailout for poor institutions that are no longer full
- Now unions want to make next year's exams EASIER: NEU demands reduced content for A-levels and GCSEs in 2021 because students find end-of-year tests 'too stressful'
- Sonu Sood Comes Out In Support of Students, Requests To Postpone NEET, JEE Exams
- Queen's birthday honours 2016: Who will be going to Buckingham Palace to pick up a gong?
- Make Time for Neil Young’s Bob Dylan Cover
- GM calls Preds’ series loss unacceptable, promises changes
- Screen College Students for COVID Every 2 Days, Researchers Advise
- ISRO Young Scientist Program 2020:Last date to submit certificates for YUVIKA programme extended
- WWE SummerSlam 2020: A glimpse at 10 glorious moments from the decade
- IPL 2020: Back in 'full rhythm', Shivam Mavi hopes to make up for lost time
- RNC 2020: Trump warns Republican convention of ‘rigged election’
- 'Come out Gavin': Hundreds of furious students descend on Westminster for day three of angry protests over A-Level grades chaos as they call for education secretary to be sacked
- 'After Cs and Bs all year... I got U, D, D': A-level pupils go into meltdown as they open downgraded results - while number of students given university places RISES nearly 3% to 358,860
- Hands-on approach to talent development and community responsibility at VAS
Math student honoured as 2020 promising young talent have 902 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.