United won thanks to an early penalty from Bruno Fernandes and a second-half strike from Luke Shaw with the result narrowing City’s lead at the top of the table to 11 points over United with 10 games remaining. It was City’s first defeat in all competitions since Nov 21.
* Liverpool slumped to a club-record extending sixth consecutive home league defeat as they lost 1-0 to Fulham after a first-half goal by Mario Lemina in the Premier League on Sunday. The defeat by the relegation-threatened visitors marks the first time since the 1953-54 season that the Reds have lost six games at Anfield in a league campaign.
* Two goals apiece from Harry Kane and Gareth Bale helped a resurgent Tottenham Hotspur to beat Crystal Palace 4-1 and move into sixth spot in the Premier League on Sunday (Mar 7).
* West Bromwich Albion’s hopes of avoiding relegation were dented as they missed several chances in a 0-0 draw at home to fellow strugglers Newcastle United in the Premier League on Sunday.
* Gianluca Mancini’s first-half goal was enough to earn AS Roma a 1-0 home win over Genoa on Sunday, with the victory moving Paulo Fonseca’s side up to fourth in the Serie A standings.
* Spectacular goals either side of half time earned AC Milan an important 2-0 victory at Hellas Verona on Sunday, as Stefano Pioli’s side closed the gap on rivals Inter Milan at the top of the Serie A standings to three points.
* Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema struck an 88th-minute equaliser to snatch a 1-1 draw at La Liga leaders Atletico Madrid on Sunday (Mar 7) and keep his side in the title race.
* Bundesliga strugglers Arminia Bielefeld earned a point on coach Frank Kramer’s debut with a goalless draw against European hopefuls Union Berlin on Sunday to remain in the relegation playoff spot.
* Russia’s Andrey Rublev won his eighth career title on Sunday when he eased past Hungarian qualifier Marton Fucsovics in the Rotterdam ATP final. The 23-year-old Rublev, ranked eighth in the world, won 7-6 (7/4), 6-4.
* Danish 18-year-old Clara Tauson captured her maiden WTA title in Lyon on Sunday, sweeping from qualifying to the trophy without dropping a set. World ranked 139 Tauson saw off Switzerland’s Viktorija Golubic 6-4, 6-1 to guarantee a top 100 debut on Monday.
* Jan Blachowicz bounced back from a slow start to outpoint Israel Adesanya and retain his light-heavyweight title after an enthralling tactical battle at UFC 259 in Las Vegas on Saturday.
* Former international Stephen Ng has been appointed the new head coach of the women's national team, said the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) on Sunday (Mar 7).
* Rangers celebrated their first league triumph since 2011 after Celtic were frustrated by Dundee United in a 0-0 Premiership draw on Sunday to hand their bitter Glasgow rivals the title.
* Joan Laporta was set to be named FC Barcelona’s President for a second time after taking an unassailable lead in Sunday’s election. Barcelona said Laporta had won 57.6per cent of votes of 96per cent counted.
* Olympique de Marseille crashed out of the French Cup to semi-professional fourth-tier side Canet Roussillon as the minnows stunned the Ligue 1 side with a 2-1 victory in the last-32 on Sunday.
- A.J. Hinch refuses to bask in Astros' win streak
- Edwin Jackson gets the start vs. Indians as A’s try to extend win streak to 6
- Astros' 12-game win streak snapped by Rays
- 'Today' win streak: 12 years
- Man United accidentally reveals caretaker manager
- Commentary: Winning streak at May boxoffice more terminated and X'ed out than anything
Man United end City's winning streak with derby victory have 589 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at March 8, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.