Hanoi (VNA) – Lawmakers will elect the Chairperson of the National Assembly (NA) and the National Election Council (NEC) on March 31, as part of the 11th sitting of the 14th legislature.
In the morning, the NA Standing Committee will present a report on the outcomes of group discussions, and NA deputies' opinions on the candidate for the posts. The deputies will then debate and vote to approve the candidate list.
The Chairperson of the NA and the NEC will be elected by the legislators through secret ballots.
After the Vote Counting Board announces the result, the NA will discuss and vote on a resolution on the election of the Chairperson of the NA and NEC.
The new Chairperson of the NA is expected to take the oath later on the day.
Also during the sitting, the NA Standing Committee will present proposals on relieving certain NA Vice Chairpersons and the legislators will hold group discussions on this issue.
The legislature will cast secret ballots to relieve several NA Vice Chairpersons.
Following the release of the voting results, the deputies are scheduled to debate and vote on a resolution on relieving these NA Vice Chairpersons.
Later on the day, the NA Standing Committee will present a list of candidates for the positions, and the legislators will discuss in groups the candidates./.
- Hong Kong postpones legislative elections for a year over coronavirus fears
- Singapore’s UN ambassador congratulates Vietnam on election to non-permanent Security Council seat
- Cuba, China, Russia elected to UN Human Rights Council; US brands it a 'mockery'
- India overwhelmingly elected to non-permanent seat in UNSC
- Transcript: Governor Kate Brown on "Face the Nation," September 13, 2020
- GOP targets Democratic-run California in election gamble
- Bihar Assembly elections | Owaisi banks on his anti-CAA stand
- Bihar Assembly election: Congress ‘sings’ migrants ‘anger’
- Democrats pick candidate for special House election
- We still have time to act against US election vulnerability
- Bihar Assembly elections | CPI (ML) candidate Mehboob Alam hits the campaign trail in Balrampur
- Exclusive: Japan ruling coalition partner Komeito indicates it does not want snap election
- Now, we need the election monitors
- US election spotlight mostly bypasses mainline Protestants
- White House Staffers Pissed at a Top National Security Aide—for Wearing a Mask in Front of Trump
- ‘Have to See What Happens’: Trump Dodges Commitment to Peaceful Transfer if He Loses US Election
- Trump Working Behind Scenes to Reach Nuclear Accord With Russia Before Election, Reports Say
- Sena MLC Gorhe re-elected as Council dy chairperson
- Sena-BJP showdown in upper House: Former allies field candidates for deputy chairperson post
- NA Chairwoman urges measures to boost socio-economic development
Legislators to elect Chairperson of NA, National Election Council have 437 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 31, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.