Zack Snyder's Justice League: HBO Max tease extended film
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
On March 18, Zack Snyder's Justice League finally hit HBO Max and NOW and was met with much better reviews from fans and critics compared to Joss Whedon's theatrical release. Since the four hour Snyder Cut went public, #RestoreTheSnyderVerse has been trending on Twitter with fans hopeful for Justice League 2 and more DC adventures for Ben Affleck's Batman and Jared Leto's Joker. However, WarnerMedia have confirmed that a follow-up after that Knightmare Future cliffhanger won't be happening, but that doesn't appear to be the end of the story.
Speaking with Variety, WarnerMedia Studios CEO Ann Sarnoff said they allowed the Snyder Cut to happen so Zack's vision, which would be impossible in cinemas at four hours long, could be completed.
She said: "We're happy that we have HBO Max to let the rope out as it were and allow the fans to see all four-hours of Zack's vision.
"We've got an incredible group of creators — television series creators, Max series creators, feature film creators — who are basically broadening the base of the talent that we work with on DC because we're so excited about the potential to build out the DC multiverse."
But when pushed for a response to the fan enthusiasm behind #RestoreTheSnyderVerse, Sarnoff said how the Snyder Cut, which ended on a cliffhanger, was the completion of Zack's trilogy following on from Man of Steel and Batman v Superman.
Justice League 2: 'SnyderVerse likely to continue on HBO Max as series' (Image: HBO MAX)
Zack Snyder had Justice League 2 and 3 planned out after that cliffhanger (Image: HBO MAX)
Jason Kilar is Ann Sarnoff’s boss, but I think it’s almost impossible she would do an interview like this without discussing it with him first. #SnyderVerse moves forward it will be on #HBOMax as a series, under #HBO ‘s creative leadership. (Like Watchmen)
— Grace Randolph (@GraceRandolph) March 22, 2021
Sarnoff added: "I appreciate that they love Zack's work and we are very thankful for his many contributions to DC.
"We're just so happy that he could bring his cut of the Justice League to life because that wasn't in the plan until about a year ago. With that comes the completion of his trilogy.
"We're very happy we've done this, but we're very excited about the plans we have for all the multi-dimensional DC characters that are being developed right now."
In response, Beyond The Trailer insider Grace Randolph tweeted: "[WarnerMedio CEO] Jason Kilar is Ann Sarnoff’s boss, but I think it’s almost impossible she would do an interview like this without discussing it with him first."
Justice League’s line up (Image: HBO MAX)
Randolph added: "As I’ve been saying, if #SnyderVerse moves forward it will be on #HBOMax as a series, under #HBO’s creative leadership. (Like Watchmen)."
Perhaps this means there is hope then for Justice League 2 and 3, which Snyder himself said would have been like Avengers Infinity War and Avengers Endgame.
In a new YouTube video, Randolph (who has studio sources) said: "As I've been telling you all along the SnyderVerse will very most likely continue on HBO Max.
"Now, of course, Jason Kilar could force Warner Bros' movie division to do the SnyderVerse. But why would he do that, especially when HBO Max is the one that needs the help and needs the boost?"
DON’T MISS Justice League 2: Studio 'interested in restoring SnyderVerse' [JUSTICE LEAGUE 2] Henry Cavill 'wants more' Superman but 'studio want Michael B Jordan' [SUPERMAN] Michael Keaton to replace Ben Affleck as DCEU Batman [BATMAN]
Following the Snyder Cut's launch on March 18, Randolph tweeted: "I LOVE everyone's enthusiasm re #RestoreTheSnyderVerse.
"As I've told you, due to overwhelming hype for #SnyderCut suddenly WB etc are interested.
"But no further movement until they see how it actually performs. So watch it Thursday or this weekend – the time is now. Deliver."
While the week before, the Beyond The Trailer host said multiple sources had told her Justice League 2 and 3 are now possible.
Randolph tweeted at the time: "Just to reiterate: I'm hearing exciting things from multiple sources re Snyder Cut.
"JL2 & 3 might now be possible. Some suits want Zack Snyder to direct Wonder Woman 3, which I think is an excellent idea. The hype is real… Don't let up now."
Of course, this was all before Sarnoff's interview, but as Randolph said that doesn't mean that HBO Max won't be interested.
Just how the SnyderVerse would connect with upcoming movies like The Flash when the Snyder Cut isn't considered canon is anyone's guess. But maybe the introduction of the DC multiverse in Ezra Miller's solo outing could help explain it all?
- Isabel Torres, Actress Known for ‘Veneno’ on HBO Max, Dies at 52
- Madeline Miller's Greek fantasy novel Circe is heading to HBO Max
- ‘Justice League,’ Recut by Zack Snyder, Will Come to HBO Max
- How to download HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV | Digital Trends
- ‘The Prince’ Canceled: Animated British Royal Family Parody Won’t Return For Season 2 On HBO Max
- All the TV shows and movies streaming in March on HBO Max
- ‘Peacemaker’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO Max
- HBO & HBO Max Chief On ‘Euphoria’ & ‘Peacemaker’ Ratings Success, Pending Discovery Acquisition
- Jeremy Irons hits outs at ‘dreadful’ Justice League: ‘Couldn’t have been worse’
- All you need to know about HBO Max's "Minx", starring "New Girl's" Jake Johnson
- Oscar Fan Favorites: Spider-Man No Way Home & Snyder’s ‘Justice League’
- Oscars Fan Favorites: Spider-Man No Way Home & Snyder’s ‘Justice League’
- HBO Max’s Ratings Euphoria
- ‘Sort Of’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO Max & CBC
- Colin Firth On His Approach To Playing True Crime Subject In HBO Max’s ‘The Staircase’
- Warner Bros. sued over The Matrix Resurrections HBO Max release
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth Comedy Series In Works At HBO Max From Victor Fresco, Alexandra Petri & Kapital
- ‘Kimi’ Review: Zoë Kravitz Stars In Steven Soderbergh’s HBO Max Nifty Little Yarn, With A Modern Technological Twist
- HBO Max: You can still grab a yearlong discount that should have expired
- ‘Peacemaker’ Renewed for Season 2 on HBO Max
Justice League 2: ‘SnyderVerse likely to continue on HBO Max as series’ have 1283 words, post on www.express.co.uk at March 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.